Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2005, 06:57 PM

feeding all gone wrong??

ok firstly,
my mums cat is barely eating even half of what i put down for him, and the lady who had him b4 says he looks like hes lost weight and thinks hes stressed. He hasnt warmed up to indie and sash at all! tho its still early days and he stands his ground if they see him! what do u think is best to do? send him back to the lady or push thru? i kno my mum really wants to keep him.

secondly, sash has had the runs for at least a week now, does anyone know wot causes this? im wonderin if stress can cause it? im worried that me stressing is causin her to react? or am i just being paranoid?
its not always runny, occasionally its been firm, but then she will go later the same day and it will be runny again.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2005, 07:08 PM
Hi Jen

Start from the beginning where are you feeding the cat? and is it out of reach and sight of the dogs.

Also what does Sash eat? did she have the runs when she was at her previous home? and have you changed the food?

Also how old is she? I just wondered because Sal is occasionaly "loose" just before she comes into season.

Karen
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2005, 07:31 PM
cat is fed in my mums room on the windowsil well away from the dogs with the door shut.

sash's stools were ok when she got here, i changed her food over to nature diet, she was originally on butchers. Her stools have been fine since then, up until this week and they have been all over the place, but we did go visit my bfs parents last week for a few days, so maybe that stressed her out?! she has also poo'd in the house twice this week, which is annoying since its all loose, yuck.
anyway, shes 5 months old.
Housedog
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-05-2005, 08:26 PM
Sorry don't know anything about cats, but Sashs problem might be over excitement, causing stress on the digestive system, I have two dogs Glory 3,1/2 and B 10months, if allowed to they would play fight all day, even after at least two long walks daily, if Sash and Indie are anything like this it is a lot for a 5month pup to cope with, although she want may to play all day, there has to be time out for a growing pup, hope this helps.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2005, 05:11 PM
With this I agree HD Sal is 21/2 and Tess 11 months and unless I actually put a stop to the playing they would go all day. I stop this by never allowing them to playfight/play in the house, its not allowed they have to come in and lie down quietly. And even now they have time outs it is too much for Tess otherwise. She gets kn*ckered .
And the cat I would say the poor cat is stressed up to his limits at the moment he may get better but as Sash grows he may get more intimidated and nervous which is a shame as it was his home first.

Originally Posted by Housedog
Sorry don't know anything about cats, but Sashs problem might be over excitement, causing stress on the digestive system, I have two dogs Glory 3,1/2 and B 10months, if allowed to they would play fight all day, even after at least two long walks daily, if Sash and Indie are anything like this it is a lot for a 5month pup to cope with, although she want may to play all day, there has to be time out for a growing pup, hope this helps.
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2005, 10:27 AM
sash's poo is starting to look like cow pats and she wee's fine but then she keeps squatting after squeezing bits out
Housedog
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-05-2005, 10:39 AM
She may have picked up a viral bug, try not feedig for 24 hours, then start her again on a light diet, Chicken, Scrambled egg.
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2005, 11:10 AM
thanks housedog, will try that
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2005, 11:14 AM
If its stress no food in 24 hours wont help Jenny.

You need to find out what courses this if you ask me
Housedog
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-05-2005, 11:20 AM
I take it you have already considered the stress factor Jenny?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >