Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tom
Dogsey Senior
Male 

14-08-2007, 09:41 PM

Port Forwarding??? :S

I have been trying to play my games console online and it is saying that i need to open port 4000 or something and then forward it to my pc and i have no idea how on earth to do it

Since incoming game data needs to be routed to the PC or Mac running Warp Pipe, you must properly configure your router to forward all UDP and TCP data packets on port 4000 to the IP address of the PC or Mac running Warp Pipe.
Im on XP Pro and have a netgear router...

Does anyone have any idea how i can do this?? Its driving me mad lol!!

Thanks alot!

Tom
dejavu
Dogsey Junior
Male 

15-08-2007, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I have been trying to play my games console online and it is saying that i need to open port 4000 or something and then forward it to my pc and i have no idea how on earth to do it

Im on XP Pro and have a netgear router...

Does anyone have any idea how i can do this?? Its driving me mad lol!!

Thanks alot!

Tom
Hi Tom, go to www.portforward.com for a guide on how to open up ports on your netgear router.
Tom
Dogsey Senior
Male 

15-08-2007, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by dejavu View Post
Hi Tom, go to www.portforward.com for a guide on how to open up ports on your netgear router.
Hi

Thanks for the link, i followed the instructions and opened up port 4000 but then i did a port scan and it says its still closed I'm very confused... I will probably just have to give in

Thanks for your help!
dejavu
Dogsey Junior
Male 

15-08-2007, 07:33 PM
Hi

Thanks for the link, i followed the instructions and opened up port 4000 but then i did a port scan and it says its still closed I'm very confused... I will probably just have to give in

Thanks for your help!
Hello again Tom. Disable xp's firewall if its enabled (your router has one) ( Click Start, Control Panel, double–click Network Connections, right-click the desired connection, Properties, Advanced tab, Under Internet Connection Firewall, uncheck the Protect my computer and network by limiting or preventing access to this computer from the Internet check box. See if that helps.
What model is your netgear router?
Tom
Dogsey Senior
Male 

15-08-2007, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by dejavu View Post
Hello again Tom. Disable xp's firewall if its enabled (your router has one) ( Click Start, Control Panel, double–click Network Connections, right-click the desired connection, Properties, Advanced tab, Under Internet Connection Firewall, uncheck the Protect my computer and network by limiting or preventing access to this computer from the Internet check box. See if that helps.
What model is your netgear router?
Hi Again

The firewall was already switched off The model is DG843GT..

Tom
dejavu
Dogsey Junior
Male 

15-08-2007, 11:05 PM
Hi Again

The firewall was already switched off The model is DG843GT..

Tom
Hi Tom, and a fine model it is(same as mine)I've used many routers from differant manufacturers over the years and have found netgears configuration/setup screen to be the best, and easiest to work with...

Did you follow the guide to setup a static IP? http://portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm

if not then follow the guide, then just change the IP address you used for forwarding ports under firewall rules/inbound services/war pipe to your new static ip

if you did then I'm not sure what else to suggest
Tom
Dogsey Senior
Male 

15-08-2007, 11:08 PM
Yep i changed it to a static one... 192.168.0.140... its really bugging me lol I have no- idea what to do!!

thanks for your help though! It's much appreciated!

Tom
dejavu
Dogsey Junior
Male 

15-08-2007, 11:32 PM
ok, so under services you should have war pipe(or whatever you named it) and then under ports should be 4000 for war pipe, and the type(if you edit the service) should be TCP/UDP, and start and finish port should be 4000 for each.

Under the inbound services (firewall rules) when you click to edit should read "always allow" for action and below that your static ip..

If thats all done correctly then i'm stumped too.

I reread your post again earlier and had not noticed that it is a games console you are using too (is it the ps2?) maybe there is a forum dedicated to your console and game you are trying to play online that could help you out, other than that i'm out of ideas.
Tom
Dogsey Senior
Male 

16-08-2007, 02:17 AM
Hi Again...

Yep all those details are correct Nope its my GameCube but they seem to not offer support for it anymore Ahh well thank you soooo much for your help i'll have another read up on the warp pipe website tomorrow...

Thanks again

Tom
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

16-08-2007, 05:11 PM
Do you have Norton Internet Security or other firewall installed ?

If so, you will need to set it up to allow the traffic through.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >