Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by Kerriebaby View Post
is our slaughter any better than that of other countries? go on youtube, and I think you will find not!

Are we really better than anywhere else?

No we are not BETTER or WORSE than anywhere else. There are poor practices in all countries, practised by all religions, cultures and nationalities in all walks of life; just as there are poor and great (insert relevant profession).
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by Swisbey View Post
That is just so disgusting. This country needs to keep "British" and animal lovers.
I am not sure to what you are referring when you say "that is just do disgusting" however as for your next remarks they are entirely uncalled for, illogical and irrelevant.

First of all this country IS "British" as it is the British Isles (or, depending on where you live, Great Britain or the United Kingdom).

Secondly many British people are muslims, nationality and religion are not the same.

It is remarks like these that ARE racist, and completely unacceptable as well as being incorrect and ignorant.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Maybe the hearing person was sitting next to the person who kicked the dog. All they had to do was say they didnt like the dog being so close & ask for its removal. Simple

After all it wasnt a pet, it was a working dog....
Whether the dog was a pet or working dog is irrelevant, both are entitled to the same level of humane treatment.

I fully agree that if a person was (insert relevant adjective) of the dog, then all they had to do was either move themselves or ask the owner to do so.
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 10:39 AM
It is remarks like these that ARE racist, and completely unacceptable as well as being incorrect and ignorant.
completely and utterly agree.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I agree, there is a still a long way to go to "fix" our animal (food chain) welfare, but two wrong dont make a right.

The more legalisation that is set down for slaughter and rearing of our food chain meat the better.

But that must include EVERY aspect, and EVERY culture in this Country, we cant complain about "fixing" "our" way and ignore "other" ways.

Halal slaughter should fall under the same UK /European law with the rest the Country.

We are not comparing "other nations" and how they do things, we cant control the worlds populations animal welfare.

We are talking "this nation" and its animal welfare.

As for the question on what we buy.........yes I buy organic, I get my eggs from a farm (free range) I dont buy cheap cuts of meat, I go out of my way to try and buy ethical meat.
Excellent post - well said.

I also am very particular about the meat I eat. We eat our own lambs which are slaughtered locally, as well as beef we get from my FIL's friend's abbattoir. We have our own hens so have free range eggs daily, and will eventually kill our own chickens for the table. At the moment I only buy free range/organic chicken from the butcher/supermarket. I would rather eat less meat that has been ethically reared and humanely killed, rather than lots of cheap meat.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by Kerriebaby View Post
completely and utterly agree.
Me too.

I said kicking the dog was wrong but so was the dog being near her.
Yes most assistance dogs are trained to lie quietly at the handlers feet, that doesn't mean they all do... They are not supposed to do a lot of things that they do. Having been involved with guide dogs for a number of years I am well aware of how assistance dogs behave.

Who said it was a confined space?! Conjecture again.

The woman did not necessarily know the man would have a hearing dog, why would she? They are still relatively rare in the north west.

As for racism... Read some of the posts!!!!! Whilst it is not racist to question and the OP isn't racist or anti muslim, however kw wants it phrased, some responses are. That's wrong.

The quotes for the record were not both biblical, I did that on purpose
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
No we are not BETTER or WORSE than anywhere else. There are poor practices in all countries, practised by all religions, cultures and nationalities in all walks of life; just as there are poor and great (insert relevant profession).
Exactly. Couldn't agree more
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I think it matter a great deal how you slaughter an animal, ofcause you are goign to get blood guts and gore, after movements.... but the main priority should be the animal is dead..and killed quickly or stunned before death.

To allow something to bleed to death, is not something I consider acceptable!
Totally agree with all your posts so far Jackbox. I think we are definitely singing from the same hymn sheet here
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 11:08 AM
Okay..My little bro, as part of his training for his job, was taught to kill several species of animal. All done without stunning. Is that any more or less humane than bleeding to death? (but for his job is an essential survival skill, and one that he has had to call upon!)
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 11:11 AM
Or shooting a bird, then sending a dog to retrieve it so it
can be dispatched?! For sport!!!
Page 14 of 41 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 > Last »