Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Yellow Belly
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-03-2009, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by munchkin56 View Post
so do you not think the pineapple idea works. is trophy food in supermarkets... if so.. guess who's going shopping.
Yes and No the pineapple can work because it improves the digestion of protein and if their is no protein in the poo it will not be as appealling.

Trophy Pet Food is mail order only but normaly gets delivered the next day.
munchkin56
New Member!
Female 

27-03-2009, 01:29 PM
im gonna order some. honest if you say it works i can at lesat have a go, nothing ventured nothing gained unless of course, your name happens to be teddy
lilyput
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-03-2009, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by Yellow Belly View Post

Trophy Pet Food is mail order only but normaly gets delivered the next day.
Look on Trophy web site to locate your local food advisor.

Ones of the best foods on the market.
Yellow Belly
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-03-2009, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by munchkin56 View Post
im gonna order some. honest if you say it works i can at lesat have a go, nothing ventured nothing gained unless of course, your name happens to be teddy
I am not an expert, just did a lot of research when mine did it. It may work or not as one person said they changed the food and it made sod all difference. But I am sure it is about getting the protein out of the poo this could either be bad protein in the food or your dog is suddenly not digesting as well and the pineapple trick may work. Imagine bad protein is like us eating corn on the cob, we would have to eat it twice to digest it.
Yellow Belly
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-03-2009, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by lilyput View Post
Look on Trophy web site to locate your local food advisor.

Ones of the best foods on the market.
I agree. I use the standard range to keep the costs down having 4 dogs but still that is so good. I guess the premium range would be even better. The service and advice is excellent
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2009, 02:14 PM
I have to say it is absolutely nothing to do with the protein in the poo here. His mum does it. His dad does it. His sisters do it. His brothers do it. His grandparents do it, his great grandparents do it. A lot of their owners have done food changes/pineapple/tablets from the vet...etc etc etc....the only thing that stops it for us is following him round with a poo bag attached to our hand!!!!
Seriously, sometimes thats all you can do.

Cosmo likes it warm though, doesn't eat it cold.
He will however eat fox poo cold...and deer poo...oh, and rabbit poo...oh and of course horse poo. He likes to nibble those poos first though and select the tastiest one in the fields......
munchkin56
New Member!
Female 

27-03-2009, 02:17 PM
have been on the site but not sure what to order they will send me a sample pack but which one. premium, standard. think i will email them and see what they suggest, i will give anything a go, how much is it roughly, i will put both my dogs on it, otherwise he will get clever and just eat the labs dinner instead of his, he's not one for change is our ted. it cant be very nice for him to be eating it (it obviosly is though) and my view is human and not canine i was worried in case it was because he was hungry, but he is definetly not underweight, grateful for all responses.. much appreciated. xx
lilyput
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-03-2009, 02:22 PM
My girls are on Special in the mornings and Premium Lite in the evenings - they are older dogs.

My pup is presently on a mix of Puppy Premium and Hypo but will end up on Active.

Hope this helps.
munchkin56
New Member!
Female 

27-03-2009, 02:22 PM
ramble, keep going lol, you make my teddy sound like an angel. but your not doing alot for my confidence, lol i will try different things, if not, will have to teach him to use a mouthwash..
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2009, 02:24 PM
Cosmo's best was when he had a poo, ate it and brought my oH the ball having not chewed it properly.........
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >