Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2009, 08:15 PM

great excuses for antisocial behaviour.

Just wondering what wonderful excuses people have heard for dogs behaving badly. Got a good one for you...

Most evenings after work I take the dogs on our local park where we meet some people with their dogs and walk round together. Recently we have been joined by a woman with a bc and a medium sized x breed. I've met her several times before and she is the neighbour of a friend of mine so we weren't strangers. Anyway last week her x breed dog lunged at and nipped my Mum's pup Louie on his side when he was running around. Louie yelped and although there was no puncture wound he was clearly hurt. My Mum complained and the woman said it's because Louie had a ball. She did put her dog on the lead though. Then on Monday I had Dan on the lead because there were a lot of people about and he barks at people, and this woman's BC ran past and bit him on the nose. I checked him over and there was no blood, but I told her her dog had bitten him and she went home in a huff muttering about antisocial dogs. Then she has been moaning to my friend this morning that Louie and Dandy 'invaded her dog's personal space' so if they get bitten what do we expect? I fail to see how it's acceptable for adult dogs to bite a four month old puppy and a nine month old that's on the lead! Her dogs also had a pop at a woman who walks her Basset hound on there, and the owner said it's because she wears a red coat - they don't like red.

Luckily my withering looks have made her start walking the other way when I come onto the park, so maybe Dandy won't invade her poor dog's space by having his face in her mouth! Silly moo.
Petrina
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-10-2009, 08:29 PM
Oh I'm sorry you had to go through all that, it's horrible when our dogs get hurt, and doubly worse when someone then tries to blame it on us! Some people just aren't prepared to take responsibility for their animals actions. The fact she said 'it's because he had a ball' says to me that she knows her dog has problems!
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2009, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by Petrina View Post
Oh I'm sorry you had to go through all that, it's horrible when our dogs get hurt, and doubly worse when someone then tries to blame it on us! Some people just aren't prepared to take responsibility for their animals actions. The fact she said 'it's because he had a ball' says to me that she knows her dog has problems!
oh yes, she has an excuse for every action her dogs do. It's amazing how she knows why they do these things, yet she can't prevent it.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2009, 08:52 PM
That is rubbish - if you know your dog has a issue you deal with it
I know (among other things) Mia has problems with onlead dogs marching towards her - I know this so I grab hold of her and get her out of the way
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2009, 08:56 PM
gawd, I have heard them all when running a training club,

"Oh hes never done that before"

"the other dog was being to friendly"

he doesnt like submissive dogs

he only likes dogs of the same breed.... the list is endless

what bugs me most, is the crutal few seconds in which they can react to there dogs behaviour is spent thinking up some rubbish excuse and not dealing with there dogs issue.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2009, 12:33 PM
what an idiot, an excuse for everything... boy, her dogs dont seem to like a lot...
oldshep52
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-10-2009, 12:43 PM
I train my Border collie with a number of other handlers, at least one being a well known international trialist. We will often have up to 14 sheep dogs running around from puppy to senior citizen. Like people they all have their particular temperaments and ways of behaviour. One will “clack” its teeth when others get too close, another will ignore anything and everything until another dog tries to climb into her car box. One will always be submissive, one will snap and bark, one does not like being touched behind the neck. As handlers we accept the idiosyncrasies in our own and other people’s dogs and just get on with what we are there to do.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2009, 12:46 PM
Hi,

Maybe the silly cow should walk her dog elsewhere and keep it on lead.

If ever her dog snapped at a dog anything like my Ellie, her dog would end up dead. End of! I knwo it's horrible to think about but she needs to realise that by not dealing with whatever her dog's problems are, then she's making it worse for the dog.

Laura xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2009, 12:46 PM
Poor little puppy, it didn't deserve that did it, stupid woman.

Mine are usually:

"It's because your dog has a ball"
Yeah, she's allowed to have her ball stuck in her mouth coz she's MY dog and she's minding her own business, and your dog could even take it off her if it wanted to, she wouldn't attack it like yours is going for her either!!!!

"It's because he/she's been attacked by one of those"
Yeah, really scarey aren't they gsd's!!!

"She/He's only playing"!!!! Yeah right, I think I know the difference between a dog playing and a dog having a go!

Oh the list goes on here.....
oldshep52
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-10-2009, 12:50 PM
[QUOTE=Stumpywop;1804441]Hi,

Maybe the silly cow should walk her dog elsewhere and keep it on lead.

Is such a description of someone you do not know and where you have only heard 50% of a story really necessary? Does it do great credit to dog owners near and far?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >