View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ms. M
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-10-2016, 05:25 AM
I respect all the opinions. Both the hooman and dogs should be happy when doing these stuffs. Luckily, my dogs love all the attention they get and wouldn't mind wearing stuffs. I always make sure that they are comfy with what I'm putting on them and there are always treats. Treats are a must. Anyways, we just dress them up for a few minutes for photos and not to go trick or treats.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2016, 09:51 AM
I also think if your dog doesn't mind being dressed up then why not? Most dogs love to be involved in all our activities.

I hope you find something suitable
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2016, 10:39 PM
Way to go Ms MWe'll be wanting pics
Ms. M
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-10-2016, 08:08 AM
Will post photos soon.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2016, 08:24 AM
Wearing jumpers for warmth, protection, high viz purposes, is all well, fine and good. But I am sorry to be such a killjoy ... I'm really not, I love having a laugh with my Ben, he is a great comedian and loves to play the arse and be an idiot - but he does not like to be laughed AT, ridiculed or made fun of. There is a difference between being laughed AT and being laughed WITH. Of course dogs can't laugh, but they are capable of showing emotion, they can be embarrassed, joyful, sad, deceitful, happy etc. etc. just as humans can ... but I do not think it fair to dress them up in ridiculous outfits such as were shown on the original link posted.

It is just my opinion ... don't want to be argumentative or cause WW3.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-10-2016, 08:29 AM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Wearing jumpers for warmth, protection, high viz purposes, is all well, fine and good. But I am sorry to be such a killjoy ... I'm really not, I love having a laugh with my Ben, he is a great comedian and loves to play the arse and be an idiot - but he does not like to be laughed AT, ridiculed or made fun of. There is a difference between being laughed AT and being laughed WITH. Of course dogs can't laugh, but they are capable of showing emotion, they can be embarrassed, joyful, sad, deceitful, happy etc. etc. just as humans can ... but I do not think it fair to dress them up in ridiculous outfits such as were shown on the original link posted.

It is just my opinion ... don't want to be argumentative or cause WW3.
Not all dogs are the same though.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2016, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Not all dogs are the same though.
True ... and most dogs will put up with all sorts of crap from us humans because they just want to please us - that's how amazing dogs are. I just personally think its taking the piss to anthropomorphise them for our amusement and entertainment. It is the way I feel, rightly or wrongly, and it is a very strong feel!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2016, 08:44 AM
Dogs just like it when we are happy. Laughing = happy.

I think it's very human to know the difference of what the laughter is about. I very much doubt the dog could differentiate or care less so long as it's a happy time.

Just to put my 'bah pumpkin' head on - I really do not like halloween and all the trick or treating. Used to terrify my mum as she got older when kids were knocking on the door half the night
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2016, 09:03 AM
I think the thing that worries me about Halloween is that it has blurred into Bonfire Night with the result that we have fireworks spontaneously going off every night for sometimes as much as 2 weeks. Living in a very rural area I have many friends with horses and this presents them with a real headache trying to keep their animals safe. If they leave them out in the field, they run amok and can seriously hurt themselves, and if you bring them in and they freak in the stable, ditto. Just one night of fireworks, or even a weekend of fireworks, can be coped with, but what happens now seems to be very over the top, causing huge problems not just for horses, but dogs and cats as well.

I am no killjoy, but enough is enough!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-10-2016, 09:09 AM
Well I don't like halloween either but there's no point trying to stop others enjoying it. I just stick a sign on the door saying I've popped out for a short spell, leave the lights off and ignore the doorbell if it does ring. I live in London so fireworks are no shock to the system, they have been going off for weeks already and will no doubt continue till mid January. I'm immune and the dogs aren't bothered either, my cat comes and goes as he pleases and seems to just get on with it, if he was bothered he'd stay in.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >