Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

06-08-2011, 11:08 PM

Photos of your RAW fed dogs

Thought it might be interesting to see photos of your raw-fed dogs. If possible please add how long your dog has been fed RAW and maybe a bit about what his or her staple meals are
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2011, 08:54 AM
Do you want just photos of the dogs? Or photos of them eating their raw food?
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2011, 01:23 PM
All mine have been raw fed for nearly 2 years

Razzle is the most changed, but he would be, to be fair...

before

after

Daisy hasn`t changed that much except that her coat is fuller and glossier now. But this could have been her spay.

before

now

Shamus -
he is getting on a bit now

before

now

Prince and Toffee I haven`t had long.

BUT my dogs were on quality dried food before (Arden Grange plus chicken wings plus mince).
The benefit in changing has been the sheer enjoyment of the dogs. Previously I had to add all sorts to the kibble and frequently threw food away. Now they wolf it all down with gusto. There is no waste, and I know exactly what I`m feeding.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

07-08-2011, 01:38 PM
Great idea C&D - before and after pics are great!

Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
Do you want just photos of the dogs? Or photos of them eating their raw food?
Just the dogs
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Mine look exactly the same on their raw diet as they did on quality kibble tbh, they've been raw fed for about 18 months now.
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2011, 01:55 PM
Rue when she first came out of the rescue kennels in February -

A month later! (March)

She was put on a raw diet from the moment we got her, and we'll have had her for 6 months this week.

She has two chicken wings for breakfast, and her evening meal is a block of mince (rotates between tripe, chicken, beef and lamb), with some blended veg, and some kidney or liver once or twice a week. She also has an egg every now & again and sometimes a Fish4Dogs salmon mousse sachet in addition to her basic mince & veg.

Merlin is also fed raw. I first started him on raw about 2 years ago but I had problems with my freezer so stopped after 6 months. Then he was on part raw/part kibble for a while, and now I have more freezer space he's been fed totally raw for the last 6 months.
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2011, 02:04 PM
16 months old, been fed raw since 12 weeks old

on a 9 mile walk

He mostly lives on chicken and tripe with some veggies and the occasional bit of liver. I have to be careful of purines so he can only have certain meats and veggies and not much liver.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2011, 03:11 PM
this is asbo, hes never been fed on kibble, i put him on raw straight away the day he came home at 8 weeks old.

daphni got swtiched over fully a year ago, when i got asbo and was confident that i knew what i was doing.

this is her before: note the pink stained feet, and she also had really bad tear staining.

this is her after:

i dont think she has changed much lookwise, the staining on the feet has stopped and the tear staining. but the biggest reward with her is watching her tuck into every meal. she eats every one, straight away when its put down her infront of her, and she gets excited about meals. when she was on kibble, i found myself adding stuff to make her eat it, she would only ever pick bits and would go days without eating a full meal.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2011, 06:32 PM
Here's Cain, I got him at 8 months old and he's been raw fed since he was about 1 year old. So he's been raw fed for about a year. He was getting a bit porky on kibble and I cut him down but he didn't loose weight and just seemed hungry. Since switching to raw I have found it far easier to control his weight (which is now ideal) and he is full and satisfied. He also passes perfect stools 99% after being plagued with bright yellow splats on kibble.

Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2011, 06:37 PM
I need to get the camera out more - most recent ones on photocukcet are from the winter
Ben and Mia raw fed for over 2 years

not really a before but here she is when I got her and just put her on raw
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >