Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2009, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
My mother died of Cervical Cancer. When she knew she had it, she went out and did everything she`d ever planned to do. The doctors gave her another 10 years and in that time she travelled the world, did voluntary work in London, learned to ride a horse, do yoga, drive a car, joined the Church and got back in touch with her extended family. She also carefully prepared my Dad for Widower-hood - teaching him to cook and keep house. When her time came she died privately and with dignity.
She left nothing but her personal effects....but we all remember her as someone of great courage, who lived life to the full. She was a wonderful example to us all.
She sounds like a wonderful, strong woman and one to be proud of
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2009, 05:33 PM
1 important thing can be learnt from all this. that we should all have regular screening,(smears) as it can happen to anyone. my mum and nan both died of cancer in the womb which could of been spotted by a smear.
and yes i have 1 every 18 months.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-02-2009, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
1 important thing can be learnt from all this. that we should all have regular screening,(smears) as it can happen to anyone. my mum and nan both died of cancer in the womb which could of been spotted by a smear.
and yes i have 1 every 18 months.
I think that that is the one positive that has come out of this... is the publicity for woman to have regular check ups.

But the whole affair leaves a bad taste for me... voyeurism at its worse.. as lets face it.. she would not have been offered this amount of money unless those offering it are confident of the numbers of sales and TV coverage this tragic story is going to generate.

It is indeed a very tragic time for all concerned.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2009, 06:16 PM
i guess i feel sorry for her boys as they will have cameras etc in their space at a time when they perhaps just want to spend time with their mum, and perhaps speak to her about things that they might be self concious about saying it in front of cameras. Personally she should use the money from her wedding photos and film etc to put towards her childrens future and leave herself time to spend in private with her family.

I just find it really sad that to the end she still wants the world watching, I think the publicity regarding smears etc is very positive and thats a wonderful thing, but i find it sad that she still wants the world watching her die...

i wont be tuning in.
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-02-2009, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
i guess i feel sorry for her boys as they will have cameras etc in their space at a time when they perhaps just want to spend time with their mum, and perhaps speak to her about things that they might be self concious about saying it in front of cameras. Personally she should use the money from her wedding photos and film etc to put towards her childrens future and leave herself time to spend in private with her family.

I just find it really sad that to the end she still wants the world watching, I think the publicity regarding smears etc is very positive and thats a wonderful thing, but i find it sad that she still wants the world watching her die...

i wont be tuning in.
Well said, I agree .
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-02-2009, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
My mother died of Cervical Cancer. When she knew she had it, she went out and did everything she`d ever planned to do. The doctors gave her another 10 years and in that time she travelled the world, did voluntary work in London, learned to ride a horse, do yoga, drive a car, joined the Church and got back in touch with her extended family. She also carefully prepared my Dad for Widower-hood - teaching him to cook and keep house. When her time came she died privately and with dignity.
She left nothing but her personal effects....but we all remember her as someone of great courage, who lived life to the full. She was a wonderful example to us all.
Sounds like your Mum was an inspirational woman, good for her.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2009, 08:22 PM
Just when, for the very first time, I was warming to Jade Goody this is announced.
It is a horrible idea.
I consider death as a private matter, not one to be filmed and oogled over
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2009, 08:37 PM
Just noticed that she is on Living tonight at 9.00. Will watch that, tho will probably be heartbreaking. She's pictured in the Daily Mirror today and she looks very ill - bless her
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2009, 08:40 PM
I can understand her reasons for doing so but i also wont be watching.
My dad dies from liver and bowel cancer when i was living away at college- i only realised how severe it was when i got home one friday and he was just coming out of hospital for the weekend(he was only diagnosed that day as he had been ill for a few weeks) at the time i didnt realise he was coming home to spend a few days with his family- i thought he had weeks/months left. he was due to return to hospital on the sunday evening but collapsed and died half an hour before returning.
All my dad wanted was to die in dignity- he collapsed in the toilet and as i was the only one in the house at the time i called an ambulance- and they have to try and revive them for 20 mins for legal reasons. That was the most heartbreaking time in my life. his death was not peaceful nor was it 'pretty'.
Im saying this because i really dont see how they can televise her death- my dad had blood coming from anywhere it could and i would never ever wish that i could go through it again by watching again. I was 17 at the time and almost 4 yrs on his death haunts me and i really cant see her own children feeling nothing but grief in the years to come when they ask to watch it- as no doubt they will when they are older.
whippetwatch
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-02-2009, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
She sounds like a wonderful, strong woman and one to be proud of
She sounds like a self obsessed, media loving numpty.

I have never respected her, and although I have some sympathy for her now, I cannot believe that someone can live their life and now death behaving with such bad taste and lack of any semblance of dignity.

She is a money worshipper right to the end. It is obscene.
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >