Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gsd lover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-01-2011, 09:24 PM

Lump on head!

im a little worried with a waulnut sized lump on the bottom left hand side of my head just above my hairline at my neck its really sore and there is also a small one on my neck too i have a doctors appointment on tuesday(to stop smokeing) but would like to know if any one else has a clue what ths could be im abit of a worrier when it comes to things like this ive been ill with a bad cold for over a week and thought it might have something to do wth that any advice would be a great help thanx xx
ruthshaw9
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-01-2011, 10:03 PM
At a guess, as you've had a cold I would say that it's your lymph nodes. Especially if it's come up since your cold. The most common cause of enlarged lymph nodes is infection. As lymph nodes are a part of the immune system that fights infections in the body, the presence of infection often causes lymph nodes to increase in size. Did you have a bad throat? It would be worth mentioning to the doctor though.
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-01-2011, 10:44 PM
they could be boils are they red and angry looking?
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2011, 11:34 PM
Originally Posted by ruthshaw9 View Post
At a guess, as you've had a cold I would say that it's your lymph nodes. Especially if it's come up since your cold. The most common cause of enlarged lymph nodes is infection. As lymph nodes are a part of the immune system that fights infections in the body, the presence of infection often causes lymph nodes to increase in size. Did you have a bad throat? It would be worth mentioning to the doctor though.
Was going to suggest swollen lymph nodes!
gsd lover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-01-2011, 11:48 PM
thanx they are not red just lumps so i think it could be the lymph nodes how are they treated? and can it wait until my appointment on tuesday or should i get a sooner one?
ruthshaw9
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-01-2011, 11:42 AM
If they're swollen due to your cold they will just go down on their own. Personally I would wait until tuesday. Let us know how you get on.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-01-2011, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by gsd lover View Post
im a little worried with a waulnut sized lump on the bottom left hand side of my head just above my hairline at my neck its really sore and there is also a small one on my neck too i have a doctors appointment on tuesday(to stop smokeing) but would like to know if any one else has a clue what ths could be im abit of a worrier when it comes to things like this ive been ill with a bad cold for over a week and thought it might have something to do wth that any advice would be a great help thanx xx
Is it hard to the touch?

They could also be sebaceous cysts , a lot of peopel have them around the hairline., myself included, I am waiting to go have one removed at the moment .

But your doctor will tell you what it is , so dont worry ,
gsd lover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-01-2011, 08:22 PM
thanx every1 for your replys will let you know how it goes on tuesday xx
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2011, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by gsd lover View Post
How did you get on at Doctors re lumps?
beau
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-01-2011, 11:45 AM
I get something very similar to this, a hard walnut sized lump which can be tender to touch (but that could be because I prod at it to check if it's still there) it usually goes down after a week or so.

Check with your doctor though if you are worried.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >