View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-02-2008, 12:48 PM
Took the boys out into the lane that passes our house (it's very quiet), for a breath of fresh air. They decided to have a rumble, so Kali rumbled Snorri straight into the ditch. Large column of filthy water and one fantastically dirty Border Collie. Mrs S is currently attacking his rear with a bucket of warm water, and not letting him back in the house!

Even the best rumble comes at a price!

Snorri
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2008, 12:59 PM
Hugs to you and Charlie, glad he is feeling more himself
cheekycharlie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-02-2008, 12:05 AM
Hi everybody thought I would give you an update on Charlie. I thought he was doing great just the odd wee trip now and again until yesterday he was very lethargic and kept falling over. He snapped at me (he has never done that before) I was cuddling him at the time he started to whimper whenever I touched his ear. I took him to the vet today and he said he had a middle ear infection and that could be causing him to loose his balance but would not be the cause of the fits. e thinks there is something more going on in his brain and has told me to prepare for the worse. This is not what I was expecting and am absolutely devasated. I suppose you know it will happen someday but when you are told it is still a shock. I do not want Charlie to be in any pain he has given us more than we could ever give him and want to be strong and do wht is best for him
casandra
Dogsey Junior

23-02-2008, 07:18 AM
one of my dog also has epilepsy. He started when he was just a year old and I know how frightening it can be. I am so sorry for Charlie and you but everyone on here has given you good advice. I hope things improve for you both. Iyeska was OK for about 18 months on 1 and1/2 Epiphen twice a day but last October he started cluster fitting again. He has had three lots of bad clusters now ( every two months ) and has had to be hospitalised each time. The last ones were only a few weeks ago. His back end is now weak and he stumbles a lot and his legs go from under him. He is on 2 and 1/2 Epiphen twice a day and two Epilease once a day. We also have to get up once or twice through the night as he needs to go out because he's drinking so much. I'm hoping that he will improve a bit as it is very worrying. He goes back for more blood tests in two weeks time.
Pippin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-02-2008, 10:49 AM
My little Pippin started with this at the age of six and i was devasted, it took a while to get her pills soted and we had some scarry times keeping calm is a must, no flashing light too, but in time we got it right, she passed away just before christmas at the right old age of 16yrs and 6months one of the happiest dogs on the planet all her days. Take care hope you get sorted soon,..su
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2008, 10:57 AM
Hug's for you and charlie.xxxxxxx
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2008, 11:32 AM
Thinking of you, hope Charlie is feeling better today x
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

23-02-2008, 12:08 PM
I do hope Charlie will recover a lot - it is difficult to know what to do for the best. I am sure Charlie will know. The vet may be able to give him tablets to steady him. I am really so sorry to hear about him. Once the infection clears up, he may get back to his normal self. I do hope so.

My Loki is on 2 Epiphen and a Potassium Bromide in the mornings and 2 Epiphen in the evening. I also give her a Milk Thistle capsule after her morning tablets to counteract any damage to her liver. I was given that great advice by Lucky Star - who has helped me no end to cope with Loki by her advice.

Hugs to Charlie from me and Doggy kisses from Loki.

Rose
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2008, 04:32 PM
I hope Charlie is feeling much better before too long. I've had a middle ear infection before and it really does affect your balance a great deal. I could walk left wonderfully but come to walking right and I was on my bottom everytime. The pain that comes with it as well is unbelievable. Why vet's tell you to prepare for the worst is beyond me, it's not something you can prepare for, prepared or unprepared it hurts. All the vet achieves with these words is more worry to an already stressful situation.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2008, 08:08 PM
It's so hard isn't it? This is a horrid condition and the drug side effects are rotten too. I hope Charlie's ear infection clears up quickly and that the drug side effects pass too. Perhaps then you will feel able to evaluate things? I know you love him and he you; I feel for you both - hugs for both of you. xxx

My Loki is on four potassium bromide pills - two twice a day. No epiphen. His latest blood test has just come back and the levels are in the high-normal range with no obvious side effects, so we are keeping things as they are for now. His last fits were back in November.
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >