Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2007, 04:02 PM

Holly hurt herself

Hi all
Holly hurt herself on Sat night, not sure why but she jumped through the wheat field fence at the wrong bit, she knows where to get in and out normaly, not sure if it was due to the daylight fading, but she had been panting heavily, she managed to jump/ lunge into a bit of fence that is purely barbed wire,
as her mouth was open most of the injury is inside her mouth, she has a few cuts and holes.,
the blood was everywhere, looked so much worse than it was, she was a bit tender in the mouth yesterday but seems fine today, cant believe she did it, poor wee thing,
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2007, 04:07 PM
Aww poor thing
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2007, 04:13 PM
Ohhh nasty, poor Holly that must be sore Mouths are quick healers though so it shouldn't take too long to get better. Hugs to Holly xxx
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2007, 04:19 PM
Poor Holly. Thank heaven it was her mouth and not across her eyes. Glad to hear she's ok
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2007, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Poor Holly. Thank heaven it was her mouth and not across her eyes. Glad to hear she's ok

that was one of my biggest worries when I saw the blood, I dont know how she did not damage her eyes, it was one of those things you see coming but cant do anything about, to shout at her would have just made things worse, she would have thrown herself into it even harder thinking she needed to get back to me, dont think she will do it again, so guess she got off light, it could have been so much worse, will keep soaking her meal for a day or two though, just to make things easyer for her,
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2007, 04:49 PM
Awww...bless her wee heart. Hope she feels better soon. Thank goodness it wasn't as bad as it first seemed. xx
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2007, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by dougiepit View Post
it was one of those things you see coming but cant do anything about
I know what you mean - awful feeling isn't it.

Fingers crossed that she has learnt her lesson, though I hope she's brighter than my Kip. Now he's old and his back legs are very weak, he can't get back up steep banks himself, but that doesn't stop him going down them...then muggins here as to scramble down to lift him back up (mind you, as its me that suffers rather than him, perhaps he isn't so daft!)
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2007, 05:10 PM
Ouch!! Poor little girl, I bet that really hurt her. As Anne-Marie said, mouths do heal quite quickly so she should be on the mend soon.

Please give her a big hug and a kiss from me, (but not on the mouth ) and wish her a speedy recovery xx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2007, 10:24 PM
thanks everyone, will pass on the hugs to holly personaly,
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2007, 07:52 AM
Missed this yesterday - hope Holly is doing OK?

Wys
x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >