Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2005, 07:45 PM

Mad Molly!

I work as a nurse and have agreed to look after a patients old dog while he is transferred to another hospital for a couple of days. His wife wants to go with him and there is noone close by to look after the dog....
I picked the wife up from hospital (with my dogs) and took her home so that we could check they would all get on.
Molly managed to get under the dog guard, lift it off and climb on this ladys lap in the front seat! She is 80 and a bit delicate and wobbly on her feet, not a good idea to have a red setter on the lap.
I had to pull over twice and put Molly back in the back. She ended up with her lead on and the end of the lead shut in the door with a knot in it!
By the way the doggie I will be looking after is lovely! She is a 14 year old bearded collie!
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2005, 08:26 PM
How sweet is Molly can understand why you were so anxious to keep her contained - 80 years old and having to cope with a energetic pup - ouch

Molly sounds delightful, what a sweety!
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2005, 10:09 PM
Just a thought, but have you thought of buying one of those dog harnesses for the car? It would stop Molly doing that again..

She does sound lovely though...
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2005, 08:31 AM
That is the first time she has ever done that!
May have to invest if it becomes a habit!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-10-2005, 09:36 AM
Norty Molly obviously not wanting to miss out on anything.

That was kind of you to take the dog Miss Potter I love Beardies they are like big untrimmed hairy Schnauzers
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2005, 12:17 PM
I dont mind at all! I have to walk, feed, groom, love etc etc etc all the others. Another one will not make that much difference. She is a lovely girl!
Wont make a habit of it though! Not sure Dad was too impressed, as he has my dogs whilst I am working. He might moan a bit, but he is a big softie and I am sure he will love her!