Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2009, 11:56 AM

Sometimes its the little things...

That can make you so proud.

I am so proud of jake just now. On lead he can be such a pest, pulling and jumping at people and dogs. But I took him out yesterday for a wee walk up to the town centre so I could use the cash machine.

He was so well behaved. He didn’t pull and he didn’t jump up at a single person! The first person we passed, I could see him getting ready to jump, so told him ‘leave’. And he did! And he did for every person after that, even if I didn’t say.

Some people he would just watch, and others he would just ignore, not looking at them at all! For such a people orientated dog, that was a massive step for him!

I then later took him down to the Strathclyde park to have a wee wander around the lake, and although he did pull slightly more, I didn’t blame him coz he was excited and the halti harness kept him under control. Although, he did nearly pull me in the lake when he went to chase the geese and ducks im just thankful the swans weren’t out

So im so proud of my boy! And its for something that so many people take for granted! I even saw a guy in the park jogging with an off lead cocker, and the cocker just happy ran past, she looked at jake but carried on following her owner… I couldn’t do that with jake just now, hopefully I will in the future though
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2009, 11:59 AM
Well done Jake, I'm sure you will be jogging with him very soon.

Sorry had to laugh at the thought of Jake happily chasing ducks and you hanging on for dear life
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2009, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Well done Jake, I'm sure you will be jogging with him very soon.

Sorry had to laugh at the thought of Jake happily chasing ducks and you hanging on for dear life
i hope i am although im not the best runner but will still be good to have the option

lol, im sure it must have looked funny. although there is a car park the looks on to the lake at this point, and there is sand that all the birds go on. so he was pulling me down the sand and i couldnt get my footing. and all the geese an ducks escaped to the water, and jake just had to follow im glad there was rocks i could grab on to but im sure the people sitting in the car park (i saw some sitting in a car) must have had a right laugh i just shortened jakes lead, put my head down and hurried off
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2009, 06:58 PM
Well done, Jake
I'm sure you'll get him off lead and ignoring - you're that dedicated to him
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2009, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
Well done, Jake
I'm sure you'll get him off lead and ignoring - you're that dedicated to him
thanks i hope so lol. every little step towards that makes me so happy would be great to have him focused and ignoring distractions.
Acacia86
New Member!
Female 

18-11-2009, 09:55 PM
I agree. When i took on my boy last December he was completely untrained and had major problems and issues.

However nearly a year on and he is well on the way to being 100%. I do think he will always have issues but i am just so so proud of him.

When he first learnt to lay down on command i could have burst with pride! As trivial as it sounds it was a big step for us!

Well done Jake!!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2009, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by Acacia86 View Post
I agree. When i took on my boy last December he was completely untrained and had major problems and issues.

However nearly a year on and he is well on the way to being 100%. I do think he will always have issues but i am just so so proud of him.

When he first learnt to lay down on command i could have burst with pride! As trivial as it sounds it was a big step for us!

Well done Jake!!
i think it is amazing how much the little things can make us happy and swell with pride i love it