Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2008, 06:59 AM

Time wasters!

Ruby's potential new home has fallen apart, we were all set to meet and they have pulled out due to them having a new sofa

A lucky escape me thinks!!! Have another meeting lined up for hopefully this week, a pei owner already, which i cant help thinking will be better!!

Here we go again!!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2008, 07:04 AM
Very lucky escape! Glad they realised now, rather than later, that they will love their sofa more than the dog.

(written on a cream sofa with a black staff puppy snuggled up next to me.......we were going to have a strict "no dogs on the sofa" rule)
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2008, 07:10 AM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Very lucky escape! Glad they realised now, rather than later, that they will love their sofa more than the dog.

(written on a cream sofa with a black staff puppy snuggled up next to me.......we were going to have a strict "no dogs on the sofa" rule)
We have a leather sofa so the dogs being on it has never been an issue, nothing i like better than snuggling down on the sofa with a dog either side of me!!

We did have a "no dogs on the bed" rule notice i said DID

Both dogs sleep with me
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2008, 07:20 AM
Originally Posted by Vodka Vixen View Post
We have a leather sofa so the dogs being on it has never been an issue, nothing i like better than snuggling down on the sofa with a dog either side of me!!

We did have a "no dogs on the bed" rule notice i said DID

Both dogs sleep with me
Hehe - what are we like! We also have the no dogs on the bed rule. I mean had.....she can now come on beds and on sofas by invitation only. The bed rule lapsed once she was 5 months old and still wanted to get up at 6.30 - on weekends i go in and get her at 7 and then she comes to bed to we can all have a lie in!

(luckily all our sofa covers are removable and washable...........just wish we had more regular sunshine to dry them!)
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2008, 09:20 AM
Very strict here. No dogs on the sofa. ... If it doesn't have a throw cover on it and no dogs on the bed. Unless its stormy and they're scared, or if Pharaoh is cold, or Kismet needs a cuddle.

They absolutely cannot beg at the table. (Unless they sit quietly beneath it and rest their head on my knee) and they are never ever fed from the plate... Unless absolutely no one else wants that...

Ok... fair enough... all rules melt in the presence of those beautiful eyes, blues and browns.

I'm so weak
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2008, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
Very strict here. No dogs on the sofa. ... If it doesn't have a throw cover on it and no dogs on the bed. Unless its stormy and they're scared, or if Pharaoh is cold, or Kismet needs a cuddle.

They absolutely cannot beg at the table. (Unless they sit quietly beneath it and rest their head on my knee) and they are never ever fed from the plate... Unless absolutely no one else wants that...

Ok... fair enough... all rules melt in the presence of those beautiful eyes, blues and browns.

I'm so weak
Oh yes, very strict i see, i'm surprised the RSPCA haven't been on to you!
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2008, 09:26 AM
Ruby's potential new home has fallen apart, we were all set to meet and they have pulled out due to them having a new sofa

A lucky escape me thinks!!! Have another meeting lined up for hopefully this week, a pei owner already, which i cant help thinking will be better!!

Here we go again!!
Sofa's are much cuter obviously... how strange are people. As you say though that sounds like a lucky escape.

We have a no dog on the sofa rule here but thats only because with 2 hounds there'd be no space for us on it! I did catch paris using it to get good leverage for a proper stretch though! lol! she looked rather suprised that i'd caught her!
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2008, 09:54 AM
Can I just say though... "Because we have a new sofa"???? what kind of crazy people are these? Clearly narrow escape for your beautiful doggy! Good luck in your search to find a proper caring forever home. Please let us know when you find one...

Hmm, think I may get a new rug next week. Probably time to start looking for a new home for my three dogs... can't have them messing it up. Besides wanted to get a red rug and Pharaoh will totally clash with the new decor... :P
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2008, 10:27 AM
Same here! On an evening there's a staffy, a terrier cross, me and my OH all piled on our leather sofa. Heaven

We're redecorating our whole house, but we are doing it in a way that fits in with the dogs. If you have dogs, that's what you do
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2008, 12:29 PM
We have strict rules here I'm afraid......

No humans allowed on the chairs if dogs have got there first.
Can only lie on sofa if willing to bunch up to make room for three dogs.
No begging at the table....never like humans begging at the table.
No peeing or pooing on the floor.....hate humans who do that.

And definately no lying on the bed....well I don't know where these strangers have been ...DO I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ruby had a lucky escape there
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >