Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
I saw the ones on "Countryfile" too and thought it was fascinating. There was also a programme on ages ago called "The Beardie and the Bloodhound" where they took a dog of each of these breeds that was in rescue and put them with a trainer to get them to do their original "job". It was very interesting and the Bloodhound ended up getting a "job" with the police in USA as a sniffer dog.
I saw that programme too and really enjoyed it. Especially watching Barbara Sykes with the beardie Why is it that decent TV like that is never repeated and yet they repeat rubbish week after week?
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 04:20 PM
Great photos I love Bloodhounds and enjoyed the Countryfile with them on. There was a Bloodhound x in a rescue couple of years ago, he was lovely, if was there now would of gone to see him.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I saw that programme too and really enjoyed it. Especially watching Barbara Sykes with the beardie Why is it that decent TV like that is never repeated and yet they repeat rubbish week after week?
Yeah-it was good wasn't it! I must admit I watched it twice so they must have repearted it once. I liked the bit where she took the Beardie in to a sheep-herding competition and it was really naughty and showed her up in front of all the other shepherds! She did fantastically well with the dog though considering what it was like at the start of the programme.
Kanie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-02-2011, 01:51 PM
Brings back happy memories! I was hunted by a pack of bloodhounds once and it was so much fun! I had to be taken on he back of quad to be shown the route I had to run (about 2 miles as it was a training run for the pack pre-season) and then get dropped back off and climb into the back of the hound trailer - bit pongy!
They were soooo friendly - and all wanted hugs and kisses (which was nice - if messy and stinky) Then back on the quad for about 1/4 mile to begin with, so they had to really cast around to find the start of my scent.
They were hunting 'clean boot' so I was just running along - enjoying the scenery........I can't put into words what it feels like hearing them all singing and then the sound of thundering hooves behind you too. I loved it
There was just one split second when I wondered what would actually happen when they caught up and I was running flat out to give them a good day...but when the first few hounds got level, they just stopped - some flopped out on the field for a rest and some came up for another hug. I've never met a friendlier bunch
It was so funny - I was totally out of breath, laughing my head off, covered in from the lorry and the fields, hugging various hounds - with all these very well turned out riders looking down saying 'well run!' and all far too nice to point out I looked like a tramp!!!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Great photos.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2