View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2008, 05:39 PM
That is sooooo amazing! No wonder you are proud, you have every right to be. What a great bond the pup and new owner must have
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2008, 05:43 PM
I can't imagine a better reward for all the effort you put into those pups than to hear something like that. Gave me a lump in my throat.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2008, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
That is sooooo amazing! No wonder you are proud, you have every right to be. What a great bond the pup and new owner must have
I have only touched the surface of what was said, their bond is incredible. It's lovely to know how well his owner knows him and how much they love each other.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2008, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
I can't imagine a better reward for all the effort you put into those pups than to hear something like that. Gave me a lump in my throat.
I worry so much about them when they leave...that they'll go to someone who'll adore them as much as we have, so when you hear an owner speak about one of the pups in the way that he did today (and has done several times in the past) it's amazing...a very special feeling indeed.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2008, 06:28 PM
We all think we know how important guide dogs are to their owners but when you hear a story like this it makes you realise how amazing and life changing these dogs are, and to know you have played an important part in this must make you feel proud beyond words
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2008, 06:42 PM
Isn't that marvellous! They do such amazing jobs those dogs and he is obviously no exception, well done (and to the trainer for doing such a fab job!!)
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2008, 06:46 PM
You must be so proud of him Ailsa; and rightly so. You were a very big part in getting him trained to the stage he's at now. I remember how torn you were when it came to time for him to leave you. And just look at him now doing a fabulous job and having an adoring owner.

As you know, I get to know the guide dogs on their "time off". Whenever I meet one of them in harness they amaze me at how sensible and responsible they are. And they love their work! You just have to lift that harness and see them excited to get out and working. And of course equally enjoy it when I lift the lead to go out for a romp in the park.

What you do is such a key stage in the process and invaluable.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-06-2008, 06:46 PM
Wow that is fantastic, and no wonder you are so proud.
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2008, 06:53 PM
Fantastice, uou must so proud of hime, lucky guy and dog to have built up such a special bond!!
AussieGeek
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-06-2008, 06:56 PM
WOW!! What a story!!
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >