Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 12:14 PM

Woohoo! makes it all worth while!

I've just had a message from someone who I went to do a one to one with.

She had a westie who had bitten and due to abuse from his previous owner he had some mild aggression and more serious resource guarding issues.

She was a friend of my sister's which is how I ended up there, usually I wouldn't take on such a difficult sounding case but I went to see if I could help at all.

Her family were looking at either rehoming him or having him pts so I decided we had nothing to lose by me going to see him (plus, it's good for me to see dogs like that and observe them too).

Well I've just had a message saying that they're keeping him now, she and him have bonded really well and he'll do 99.9% of what she asks of him (she had issues getting him off furniture before) and they're still working on him with the other members of the family.
She said if I hadn't come to show them how to handle him, they'd definitely have been looking for another home for him but now he's settled in really well and is even getting on better with their little yorkie!

I'm so chuffed Never expected to make that much difference, I think she was hoping we could improve his behaviour to make him rehomable.
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 04:46 PM
oh hun thats great news well done you for helping we need more like you in the world. Big gold star for you xxxx
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 05:33 PM
Wonderful news, changing the subjest, how did you get on with the boy with autism, I have been meaning to ask fro awhile.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 05:37 PM
Excellent! Well done you
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 07:02 PM
Thanks guys

Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
Wonderful news, changing the subjest, how did you get on with the boy with autism, I have been meaning to ask fro awhile.
I'm still working with them on a regular basis, he's not actually joining in the sessions at the moment as he only started school this year and it's tiring him out a lot so in the summer, we'll do more stuff with him. He loves teaching his dog tricks though so that's what we tend to work on - he really enjoys showing it off

His mum's a member on here I think actually...
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 07:09 PM
Thats excellent news, well done to you x