Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2008, 05:48 PM
Well done you
I agree it is so difficult to tell off people you know
I tried to nicely suggest a different approach to a woman round here who cant get her dog to come back - we actually have to call Ben so her dog follows
'oh but what would you know, he is your 1st dog and he is a really easy one!'
yeah like he came fully trained
Tan's mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-06-2008, 06:01 PM
i have a similar problem with a friend and her mum, this person has put very little training into her collie type dog and subsequently s boisterous, dog aggressive, food agressive and has bitten several people (including me, her and her mum but bear in mind this is only in play,) he also chases cyclists and joggers, and she cant call him off them. anyway i ended up having a row with her mum over it because it is the mum that looks after the dog, feeds it walks it etc, but she wont train it either saying its nother responsibility, she h said several times 'when he is goo he is mine, when he is bad he is [the daughters]'
needless to say because i said in in an aggressive way she didn take any notice of me
what i am tring to say is you need to say this calmly and politely
sorry for long winded post *blush*
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2008, 01:02 AM
If they are fighting, barking are trying to eat the cat. I mean a gentle smack on their bum not a beating they are not scared of me nor are they hand shy.

Good news about the recall suki took near on 12 months before I was confident to let her off with out my partner there, if she did one after a dog (just playing no aggression) or nose to the ground I would stand a chance. Now I can let her run to the other side of the field knowing she will come back.
ATD x
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4