View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
fimberly
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-12-2007, 06:13 PM
Sorry only half concentrating on what I was writing. There is an awful horror movie on sky and I just cant turn away....also wrapping pressies

Suze- the breath comment was after your first post. lol. you seemed alot calmer in the second one :P
fimberly
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-12-2007, 06:21 PM
Sorry Ramble, I missed a whole page of conversation when I read the comments just now- as said above, I am only half concentrating. lol.

I just couldnt understand the relevance to ecollars. lol.

All the dogs I walk have to be vaccinated as part of the contract, but it doesnt prevent them meeting unvaccinated dogs out and about. Thats why I was asking about the environment not being a factor.
I look after my clients dogs like my own, and would not risk walking an unvaccinated dog with them....BUT, it doesnt prevent them from meeting unjabbed dogs.

Apparently vaccine damage is very common in cats. My other 2 were fine with it (although one is allergic to flea/tick treatment so has to have a jab for that)lol
I think I am just ulucky with my pets......damn rescue animals. lol, wouldnt trade them for the world though
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2007, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by fimberly View Post
Sorry Ramble, I missed a whole page of conversation when I read the comments just now- as said above, I am only half concentrating. lol.

No, I just couldnt understand the relevance to ecollars. lol.

All the dogs I walk have to be vaccinated as part of the contract, but it doesnt prevent them meeting unvaccinated dogs out and about. Thats why I was asking about the environment not being a factor.
I look after my clients dogs like my own, and would not risk walking an unvaccinated do with them....BUT, it doesnt prevent them from meeting unjabbed dogs.

Apparently vaccine damage is very common in cats. My other 2 were fine with it (although one is allergic to flea/tick treatment so has to have a jab for that)lol
I think I am just ulucky with my pets......damn rescue animals. lol, wouldnt trade them for the world though
No problem...scary horror films can have that effect! :smt002
I agree dogs can pick up illness anywhere, but i just do not see how it is responsible to ask for trouble..and obviously neither do you, as you ensure the dogs you walk are vaccinated. :smt002
I had heard vaccine damage was quite common in cats (or more common at least), don't know much about cats though..although OH and I have been tempted of late but thats another story!!!
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2007, 06:27 PM
I was told by my vet not to take Jamie to 'highly designated dog areas' until 10 days after his 2nd jab, we went out after a week, I didnt carry him outside, not because I wanted an anti-social dog, but because carrying a 8-10wk setter about isn't very practical.... it has done him no harm whatsoever, he loves people and other dogs..
I am of the ilk, that unless there is a good reason not to have a dog vaccinated then he should be done, Jamie's friend had a severe allergic reaction to his jabs I also do not believe that a tiny 6-8 week pup should be mixed with other 'strange' dogs, when their bodies are so delicate and could get parvo etc... Carry them around yes, but to let them all out together is asking for trouble IMHO!!
Luna Wolf
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-12-2007, 06:27 PM
Vaccine damage is common in both cats & dogs. However, I insist (and check all cards)that all puppies and adult dogs that come to my classes (I am a dog trainer too) are vaccinated. Apart from anything else I couldn't get insurance if I didn't.
fimberly
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-12-2007, 06:34 PM
Ramble DONT DO IT.
I have 3 cats and wish every day that they were dogs.lol.
Get a small dog instead. lol
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2007, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by fimberly View Post
Ramble DONT DO IT.
I have 3 cats and wish every day that they were dogs.lol.
Get a small dog instead. lol
Oh! so sorry you feel like that, I have 5 and people ask me how did you make them like little dogs. They follow me everywhere, and two of them talk back to me....wouldn't trade the cats for anything. Love my dogs too Vaccine and cats...they can react bad, have seen this in alot more cats than dogs, although all mine vaccinated.
fimberly
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-12-2007, 06:47 PM
My cats are really aloof. Will only come near me when hungry. lol
And after 2 glasses of wine and a crap horror film, I have to go and bury yet another blackbird they have killed. lol
I think it is just my 3. My previous cat was like a small dog but I think rescuing all 3 at the same time was a mistake as they only need each other

And then I compare them to Riley who will walk through fire if he thinks it will make me happy and my 3 cats just cant ever equal that. I think I may just love my dog too much though, and the cats just dont stand a chance
fimberly
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-12-2007, 06:51 PM
ha, just got an email from my vet about a parvo scare in the area. freaky- too many horror movies tonight I think (or my vet has ESP....or is on Dogsey)
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2007, 07:19 PM
I spoke with a nurse at my local vets who has been in her profession for 18 years. She said 18 years ago parvo was very common place and many dogs died from it. She said now adays it is a lot less common....surely this is down to the fact more dog owners have their dogs vaccinated? and less dogs are contracting it......just my thoughts

just as MMR cases have reduced since the amount of children getting vaccinated has increased.

mel x
Page 6 of 41 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »