Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2007, 05:11 PM

Greenock show - our results - 23/06/07

After a shakey start yesterday (due to the high volume of entries!) things finally settled down and the classes eventually started. The weather also held, and despite a tiny bit of drizzle, it was dry and fairly bright at times, I even managed to get a bit of sunburn! (The forcast was for heavy showers, so we were lucky!).

I had originally entered both the Sporting and Open pedigree classes, but decided not to enter the Open class after witnessing some harsh handling going on. I didn't want to be involved in that class so I decided to stick to the Novelty classes, the obedience classes and our club agility competition.

With Molly, we got 4th in our obedience class. Also, two 1sts, and a 3rd in our agility classes.

With Roxy, we got 2nd in Prettiest Bitch in the Novelty classes. In our agility classes, we got a 2nd and a 3rd.

I think the above is all correct!

I think, eventually, most of us had a good day.

I'll also add that we even beat some Border collies!

A few photos will follow soon.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2007, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
After a shakey start yesterday (due to the high volume of entries!) things finally settled down and the classes eventually started. The weather also held, and despite a tiny bit of drizzle, it was dry and fairly bright at times, I even managed to get a bit of sunburn! (The forcast was for heavy showers, so we were lucky!).

I had originally entered both the Sporting and Open pedigree classes, but decided not to enter the Open class after witnessing some harsh handling going on. I didn't want to be involved in that class so I decided to stick to the Novelty classes, the obedience classes and our club agility competition.

With Molly, we got 4th in our obedience class. Also, two 1sts, and a 3rd in our agility classes.

With Roxy, we got 2nd in Prettiest Bitch in the Novelty classes. In our agility classes, we got a 2nd and a 3rd.

I think the above is all correct!

I think, eventually, most of us had a good day.

I'll also add that we even beat some Border collies!

A few photos will follow soon.
Congratulations on your placings

I was most concerned about the harsh handling, were you able to do anything about it? I was once in the ring with a chap who had a baby irish Setter at its first show, he gave it an almighty wallop because it wouldn't stand still. Poor little thing, (I am renowned for having naughty setters in the ring but thats because they are allowed to enjoy themselves), anyway, I shouted at the top of my voice so all could hear that if I ever witnessed anything like that again I would not only report him to the KC, I would also wallop him around his head and see how he liked it. He went bright red and apologised, the crowd clapped loudly.

I have to say though, in all my years of showing that is the first time I have ever witnessed anything like that. I think the judge should have sent him out of the ring too but thats just my opinion.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2007, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Congratulations on your placings

I was most concerned about the harsh handling, were you able to do anything about it? I was once in the ring with a chap who had a baby irish Setter at its first show, he gave it an almighty wallop because it wouldn't stand still. Poor little thing, (I am renowned for having naughty setters in the ring but thats because they are allowed to enjoy themselves), anyway, I shouted at the top of my voice so all could hear that if I ever witnessed anything like that again I would not only report him to the KC, I would also wallop him around his head and see how he liked it. He went bright red and apologised, the crowd clapped loudly.

I have to say though, in all my years of showing that is the first time I have ever witnessed anything like that. I think the judge should have sent him out of the ring too but thats just my opinion.
Thank you Scorpio.

The incident you have mentioned sounded like the one I witnessed yesterday (and have done at past Companion shows with the same person).

We were standing about 30 feet or so away at another ring, and the man in question gave his dog one hell of a thump on the chest. We cold hear it loud and clear from where we were, above all the crowd noise. It actually made my stomach turn. This incident was repeated. All the dog was doing was having a bit of a carry on, a bit of fun. I don't think it was lunging towards another dog or person.

I, and the people I was with at the time, spoke about our disgust to this incident, but I decided not to say anything to the organisers yesterday. You would hope that they would notice it and say something, wouldn't you? I don't think they did. However, I will be speaking to the organsers about it during the week.

It seems that the person in question wasn't having fun.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2007, 07:26 PM
But, but, where are the pics of your crew showing off their clutch of rosies
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2007, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
But, but, where are the pics of your crew showing off their clutch of rosies
They're on their way!
jackpat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2007, 07:33 PM
Aww well done!!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2007, 08:16 PM
Here we all are:

rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2007, 08:21 PM
well done.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2007, 08:40 PM
Congratulations, your multi pedigree looks very Basenji like!
Becky
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2007, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Congratulations, your multi pedigree looks very Basenji like!
Becky
Doesn't she?!

She has a funny bark, which makes me think that Basenji may be in her somewhere!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >