View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2007, 01:15 PM
Thats a field Isochick! You lucky girl having all that space, mine is a postage stamp

Steve, how on earth do you have such a gorgeous garden with a big dog like Vegas???:smt017
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-06-2007, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
Thats a field Isochick! You lucky girl having all that space, mine is a postage stamp

Steve, how on earth do you have such a gorgeous garden with a big dog like Vegas???:smt017
lol-if you look carefully Anne Marie-you will see 2 patches in my lawn where Vegas's pee has killed the grass cause the sod favours these spots! He also knows that borders are off limits,but almost everything growing is robust enough to withstand him anyway.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2007, 11:01 AM
These were taken a while ago but nothing has changed. It would take me too long to go round and take more pics.

This is the front lawn

The walled garden. This is rarely used and is more for formal functions etc. The borders are sectioned and planted according to colour.

This is the lawn next to the pool and in front of the pavillion and sauna. This is the seating area which is covered with honeysuckle and climbing roses.

Then there's the pool area

The vegetable garden

The courtyard

Then there's the paddocks and the field

There's also the stables and barns. This area currently houses two boats

Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2007, 11:07 AM
Oh Corrie, apart from the "OMG" reaction re your garden, it's lovely to see a fluffy bum in nearly every one of your photos
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2007, 11:10 AM
They do love getting into photo's Yet when I WANT to take a pic of them, you cant see thier bums for dust
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-06-2007, 11:50 AM
Here's the front garden. As you can see we are in the process of clearing a lot of stuff out of it hence the pile of honeysuckle on the grass. It doesn't really get used so my plan is to remove some of the stone wall and put a drive in.

Here's the back garden. It used to end where the slabs stop and the grass starts. We bought what was a field and sold it off in lots to the neighbours. What you see here is the bit we kept. It's mainly grass but there's a few borders, greenhouse, shed, a chipped sitting area, climbing frame and swings. It goes down into the woods and there's also a stream. Hannah loves playing in the garden with her friends and the dogs like the space to run round and play.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2007, 02:10 PM
I am soo jealous of your large gardens!!!! Mine is so tiny
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-06-2007, 06:28 PM
Blimey Corrie-your surname isnt 'Ewing' by chance is it..! Your garden looks like Southfork!!!
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2007, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Blimey Corrie-your surname isnt 'Ewing' by chance is it..! Your garden looks like Southfork!!!
Probably a lot of other names, but Ewing certainly isn't one of them

It looks bigger than it is in real life. The whole land in total is about 18 acres, and that includes an 11 acre field. To me, it's not really that big, but I guess I'm use to it.
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2007, 09:28 AM
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
It looks bigger than it is in real life. The whole land in total is about 18 acres, and that includes an 11 acre field. To me, it's not really that big, but I guess I'm use to it.
Oh, is that all?

Lucky you Wolfie
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >