View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2007, 09:59 AM
i get your point but if people want to discuss collies fine - but i think its discusting that they have to refer to mine

i collies were in the news as much as other breeds then how could i defend them - whether i have them or not???!!!

staffys will always be picked on more because of their relation to pit bulls - sad fact for all staffy owners but true - whter you dog is nice or not
abbie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2007, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by suze View Post
it was an example - again - keep my dogs out of it and it has naff all to do with you or anyone else - you want to comment - fine - but do so about the breed in general - not my dogs - or do you want me to go on about yours ina bad way too????

STOP BASHING MY DOGS - LEAVE THEM ALONE AND GET BACK ON TOPIC - IF ANYONE MENTIONS MY DOGS AGAIN I WILL HAVE NO PROBLEM IN SLATING YOURS - CHILDISH BUT THATS HOW ANNOYED I AM RIGHT NOW
I was not bashing your dogs. It was you that said collies needed to run 100 miles a day and I asked you if yours did.

I will not answer your other comment about talking about my dogs in a bad way as that is just being catty and I will not lower myself to that level
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2007, 10:02 AM
the final comment was not aimed at you - it was at everyone

the one in capitals i meean -

im sick of everyone slating my dogs - i dont care if people want to slate THE BREED! just not my dogs
AliceandDogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-10-2007, 10:09 AM
The media reports one what they chose, a golden retriever attack on a child wouldn't sell many papers, a staffy would. That's the only reason they seem to be in the newspapers so much more, they sell them.

I'm the opposite to you suze, people can slate my dogs if they want to because I know I've still got the best dogs right here with me
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2007, 10:11 AM
it gets annoying after a while when they refer to my dogs constantly and actually post the wrong or incorrect things about them
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-10-2007, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by suze View Post
yeah i get that

but collies have done nothing wrong in comparison to other dogs - they are not saints by any means

theres no way colles would ever need to be banned - they are nothing like other breeds
The collie examples appeared after Suze wrote above.
1 news item and a few examples from professional kennel persons, myself included. Couple others too, i think?
Obviously if Suze writes the above incorrect statement about Collies, she will be corrected with examples regarding collies that aim to correct her mistake. If she said Boxers, she would have got given Boxer examples. That isnt an example of collie "breed bashing" double standards, but an example of putting things into perspective by enthisising the point it could be any breed, as it depends upon the individual dog and owner.
Myself and Dawn gave examples of aggression relating to:
Labs, Retrievers, Greys, Jacks, GSD's, Rotties, Collies, AND Staffies.
The most dangerous dog i worked with was actually a big crossbreed...no Pit, Staffie, or Collie in him.

Suze, do you really believe that we should be designing laws on the basis of what newspapers "chose" to sensationlise?
Which they, in turn, "chose" according to which makes the most profit.
Boy, if we passed laws on that criteria, this country would be a nightmare.
For example, there is a huge focus on teenagers at the moment. Personally, i think YOU and ALL your teenage friends should be banned from going out after dark, as "we all know that you go around wearing hoodies, shooting and stabbing small children, and beating to death fathers in front of their families". "And the only way to stop this going on is to ban ALL teenagers".

Hey Suze, what do you reckon to my idea?

Besides, even your newspaper criteria does not add up in its own right. As the tabloid fascination changes form country to country (sometimes even year to year) depending upon the fascinations of the time of that particular society.
For example, in New Zealand, the hysteria is over Collies (sorry collie owners).
In Ireland, society actually believes Greyhounds aren't capable of being pets, as they only have a working brain.
In America, people are scared of chows and chows are considered to be amongst the dangerous breeds in the same conversation as Pit Bulls.
In the UK, general society would find the Greyhound and Chow and BC thing rediculous, so the press wouldn't be so interested to report stories about any of them if they attacked someone.

Another question to you Suze:
Just because you dont read them in the newspaper, do you really believe that there are less attacks or bites by other breeds on dogs or people than Staffies?
Shouldn't you also taken into account that some breeds are simply more popular than others, so it stands to reason that statistically there are more biting incidents by them?
For example, someone told me that Labradors have the highest biting incident (although i need to look that up).

BTW, since the baby was killed in the pub, the press are always also going on about Rotties.
I've seen loads of "devil dog" stories about Rotties.

Also, i think you have every right to be angry if you feel people are picking on your dogs on here. But i'm afraid i dont think you will get much sympathy, as you have not shown any remorse toward your fellow posters who feel you have been equally picking on their dogs. It works both ways.
It might alos help if you clarify what you mean by the incorrect things people are saying about your dogs, as people "believe" they are only repeating what you have already said about them in previous threads.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2007, 11:06 AM
I guess people get really annoyed at comments being made about their breed.It's even worse when an attempt is made to try to get someone to understand both sides of the argument by posting information only to be told they couldn't be bothered to read it.How many others are out there with the same attitude about these so called bad boys of the doggy world.Trouble is they are brain washed by the rags they read and as long as the media continues to only report these breeds what chance have they got.
Imo it's the breeders who sell to Tom Dick and Harry who are to blame for the whole scenario.They also sell pups to people and don't ever do a follow up on the new owners.I remember Shona doing 2 follow up cases and she was very unhappy about the two dogs circumstances.She did the right thing for not only the pups but for the breed,she went in and took the dogs away from them.That to me is responsible breeding and if all breeders had this attitude we wouldn't be in this position in the first place.xxxxxxxxxxxx
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2007, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
Suze, you have every right to be angry if you feel your dogs own dogs are being victimised. But i dont think you are gonna get much sympathy as you have shown no remorse at victimising the dogs of fellow members on here. So it works both ways.
OF COURSE THEY ARE GOING TO DEFEND THEIR BREED!!!

AT WHAT POINT HAVE I SAID - SUCH N SUCH AS PERSONS DOG SHOULD EB BANNED?? AND NAME D A DOG??!!!!!!!

HAVE I EVER SIAD TO YOU- DOES YOUR DOGS BITE - CAN YOU TRUST YOU DOGS WITH KIDS??

NO!!!!

I DONT WANT SYMPATHY I WANT YOU TO SHUT UP ABOUT MY DOGS - SLATE THE BREED IF YOU WANT JUST NOT MY DOGS

AM I MAKING MYSELF CLEAR????????????

Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-10-2007, 11:13 AM
Please stay on topic and don't get personal
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2007, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
The collie examples appeared after Suze wrote above.
1 news item and a few examples of professional kennel workers, myself included. Maybe some more, cant remember.
Obviously, if Suze writes the above incorrect statement, naturally, she will be given examples that correct her mistake.
If she had said Labrador, for example, the same would have happened.
It's not collie "Breed bashing", so these arent examples of hypocrisy, but just examples of putting things into the correct perspective....that being, its not the breed, whether it be collie or staffie, but just the dog and owner.
Personally, i listed Grey, Labs, GSD's, Rotties, Retrievers, Jacks, Labs, Collies AND Staffies in relation to examples of aggression.

Suze, you have every right to be angry if you feel your dogs own dogs are being victimised. But i dont think you are gonna get much sympathy as you have shown no remorse at victimising the dogs of fellow members on here. So it works both ways.
Well said,couldn't have said better myself.Suze seems to want to have a bash at SBT's mainly and to me thats not on.This thread was started as banned breeds not SBT'S in particular.May I also add to have a debate about something like this get your facts right and have the common decency to see other peoples point of view too.
Closed Thread
Page 12 of 16 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »