Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2006, 02:54 PM

i am a bit dim help plz

ok lots of people uss gas to heat the home. could you not use microwaves as they heat fast and it would cost less?
ok now my head is spining!
Kanikula
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2006, 03:04 PM
Have i read this right???

i think the amount of microwaves to heat a home would more than likely kill you!!!
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-10-2006, 03:07 PM
lol As Kanikula points out, with microwaves as your heat source, staying warm would be the least of your worries. That's why microwaves have sealed doors.

I remember a shop-owning friend of mine years ago who just about lost the use of his wrist through his microwave oven. For years, he'd had a small crack in the door, and at lunchtimes the local factory workers would go and order their microwaved burgers. He would stand and talk to the workers as their burgers were cooking, with his hand resting over the top of the microwave.

The cumulative effect was that his wrist weakened to the point where it became almost unusable.
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2006, 03:10 PM
Ohh no... it would be a very bad idea, all that radiation...

In a comfined place it would be like boiling you alive from the insides... not a good idea at all.

I remember some sick gossip about some lad putting a cat in a microwave and what happened, I never knew if it was true, but that instantly came to mind when I read this post.
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2006, 03:12 PM
so insted of a gas central heating you could not use microwave to heat the water?
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2006, 03:16 PM
i am not talking about making like a big microwave oven i am not that dim. i talking about using it to heat the water in your central heating.
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-10-2006, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by lillybet View Post
i am not talking about making like a big microwave oven i am not that dim. i talking about using it to heat the water in your central heating.
I would imagine it's possible in theory. Quick, get to the patent office, I say!
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2006, 03:24 PM
i dont have the cash to do that. and i no thenumber of seed bubbles are diffrent if you heat water by microwave but i am sure you could make a way 4 the gasses to come out if needs be!
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-10-2006, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by lillybet View Post
i dont have the cash to do that. and i no thenumber of seed bubbles are diffrent if you heat water by microwave but i am sure you could make a way 4 the gasses to come out if needs be!
Yes, and you made me think about it a little more. I guess that technically you could even heat a whole house with microwaves, if you followed the old Roman Baths example.

That being the heating done under the floor and behind the walls. However, there must be a damned good reason why it hasn't been done yet. I just can't see what it is, but I'm looking! I hate not knowing....
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2006, 03:34 PM
But you would be using Electricity instead of gas to produce the microwaves, so increasing your electicity bill instead
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >