View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Net Curtains - Nice/Naff/Neutrl
Nice 11 25.00%
Naff 24 54.55%
Neutral 9 20.45%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2006, 10:12 PM

Net Curtains - Nice/Naff/Neutral

Our front room has a path going past it and everyone can look in, which I hate.

Am thinking of getting some net curtains for privacy but not sure if they went out of fashion. Lots of people have them around here. Can't think of any other options - blinds would have to be kept closed.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-06-2006, 10:15 PM
I am in a similar situation and have always had nets up.
You can walk about in your nothings in the morning if you want and no one can see you - which is an added bonus.
Plus no one can have a look in to see if you have anything worth nicking, you can pretend to be out when someone you don't want to see comes calling, the list is endless!!!
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2006, 10:17 PM
I would rather stick loads of flowering plants there, not full height, just enough to block the average size person's view and let the light in above. A trick I will probably use in my new place is to have a shelf halfway up the window and put plants along it. You get the light in bottom as well as top then, but the bottom part (under the shelf) is too low for anyone to see in unless they stoop!!!
franc1987
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-06-2006, 10:40 PM
We have venetian blinds from IKEA and they give us a lot of privacy.

If you don't want blinds or nets you could try voil?

I think there are some "trendy" alternatives out there these days
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2006, 11:11 PM
Just call me fuddy duddy, but I like nets!!! Not too fussy though, reasonably plain, can't do with frilly after all dogs nails can get caught.

I once hung new nets on the Tuesday and by Friday they looked like bandages hung from the window - courtesy of my old Dobe, Elsa and the 'orrible kid from a few doors away!!!
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2006, 12:10 AM
I have to have nets up I hate the thought of people being able to see in. I don't like seeing other people's windows without nets because I just have to peek in and probably look really rude

There are lots of different types to choose from, they're not all flowery and frilly there are some plain ones that look ok

I like what frances said about voile. I had that in my old room
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-06-2006, 06:55 AM
I prefer nets, they allow more privacy than blinds, although I am thinking of getting blinds just for ease of use. However I think that when you are walking past a window with blinds up they look like prison bars, that's what I think anyway. Also as someone has said you can't hide behind blinds either. LOL

Ian
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2006, 07:30 AM
We have nets - not because we like them but we do like our privacy.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2006, 07:41 AM
i love nets .nice n white fresh and well gatherd ...maybe its out of fashion dunno but i like them
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-06-2006, 08:19 AM
I've got voil panels on one window that is overlooked ..they cross over and are held back with beads ...still lets the light in but gives a bit of privacy and 'dresses' the window
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >