View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2006, 08:00 AM
Tescos because it's 24 hour, self serve checkout and food is ok.
For quick stuff - Morrisons because it's across the road.
For nice stuff - M & S mmmmmmmmm
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

10-04-2006, 08:21 AM
When I go back to UK its M& S for me, love it Also the market stalls & 1 of the butchers in there who`s been there forever

At home here is Morrisons which is a big shop or M & S which only has very limited food stock in Gib, need our fix of English stuff like bacon, hot cross buns etc & either carrefour or the markets in Spain for regular stuff
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2006, 09:04 AM
Lidl for fruit and veg' unless I am in town centre then a little green grocers. Usually Tesco for main shop, but an Asda is being built nearby so will give that a go.

I don't like doing big shops, but have to sometimes out of necessity - we are going to try doing what my Mum, Nan, etc used to do.......do a little every couple of days, just the bits we need. I remember Mum going into town "for tonights dinner, what do you all fancy?" Never had much money but we always ate well and I can only think it's because she shopped this way. When I wasn't working, and had both boys with me as toddler and baby I would spend ages wandering round town and spending far too much! Now though I work part-time so only have limited time to get shopping - I can't spend as much!!
Sansorrella
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-04-2006, 09:39 AM
Tesco's normally - cos I know my way round and get it over and done with quickly.

Morrison's is good for bargains cos when they reduce they really reduce the price - whereas Tesco hardly knock anything off.

Budgen's when I just want one or two items - cos at their price I would stick to one or two items, whereas in Tesco I would end up coming out with yet another trolley load.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2006, 09:57 AM
Sainsburys normally as it's closer and I prefer their fresh bread, fruit and veg. Tescos sometimes (their dried prunes are to die for!), Asda very rarely (only if I'm in there looking at clothes ) and the others hardly ever.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2006, 09:59 AM
Morrison's as it's close by and Asda for deliveries
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2006, 10:01 AM
Ignore this post, misktake in it
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2006, 10:03 AM
Tescos normally, Asda occasionally. And if im skint LIDL - However i always buy my passata there and their tortellini is too die for!
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2006, 10:49 AM
I shop in Asda, because it is the nearest other than the co-op which is pretty useless, but my favourite shop is Sainsburys
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2006, 10:51 AM
Tesco Tesco and Tesco, 99.9% of the time, love it :smt043
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >