Our sister sites
Our sister sites
KathyM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-08-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
Originally Posted by KathyM
Azz - I'm not sure why you're being so rude and defensive. I only replied saying it was interesting that noone had replied to the original question.
Sorry I missed that I think what Azz was in fact doing was putting forward a point of view as you are doing.

second quote ...[Minihaha - you did say why you breed, bu the question (well this is the way I read it) was what makes you breed knowing there are too many dogs in this world and not enough homes - ie what justifies it to you. Not just why do you breed. Forgive me if I've got that wrong]

Yes I will forgive you and yes you have got it wrong .
I don't breed dogs at this time and was explaining why I and others buy from a breeder rather than rescuing a dog and I went on to explain if people only rescued existing dogs and stopped breeding many breeds would die out. I like a good debate but in order to have one it is necessary to read the posts
Lighten up girls you are trying to covert the converted.
:
I'm not "preaching" to anyone
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2004, 01:37 PM
I wasnt using it as a reason, its a fact, if we stopped breeding to IMPROVE AND PROTECT the breed, dogs wouldnt exist...
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2004, 01:37 PM
Kathy I think most reputable breeders breed to improve the health, temperement and overall well being of their chosen breed.

Does that help at all?
KathyM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-08-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by Tanya
There is good and bad in everything.

You have the good breeders and the good rescues. They will do their utmost to ensure the dogs best interests. Homechecks carried out, vax, back-up and support.

Then you have the bad in both, rescues and breeders, who just cant be bothered, no homechecks, rehome to families with young children, no vax, not neutered etc. What about the rescues that are taking dogs from pounds in other countries, and with no assessment or history place them directly into a home straight from the port or a motorway service station!

Over the past few months several rescues have recently been exposed for side line breeding, cruelty and malpractice. What makes these different?

At the end of the day its the owners that need to be made responsible for dogs ending up in rescues or pounds. After all they are the ones who have failed the animal in the majority of cases.
Again, this is not answering the question. I agree with what you said but I was asking what justifies breeding when there are dogs dying. Saying that, one of my dogs came directly to us from a rescue in Ireland. I provided vet references and held long discussions with the rescue about what was best. I saved her life, as did that rescue by getting her out of the pound (Irish dogs have it even harder than over here believe me). I would hope that you are not saying that Irish dogs do not deserve UK homes.
KathyM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-08-2004, 01:39 PM
Gem in answer to the post you have since edited - my pup came from rescue, as did my other girl.

Staffy - thank you, finally an answer!
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2004, 01:40 PM
Kathy, please answer my question, if we stopped breeding, where would we get dogs from?

Rescue centers neuter, so what happens when we 'run out' !?

p.s i confused you with someone else, sorry
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2004, 01:41 PM
kathy M can i please have yor attention for 5 mins please ..... you asked me a question and i have given you my answer about 10 posts ago ......that i breed for me ...please reply
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2004, 01:42 PM
Kathy the question has been answered.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2004, 01:42 PM
Staffy - thank you, finally an answer! [/quote]

you got one please read it
KathyM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-08-2004, 01:43 PM
Gem - you obviously have a very naive view of the world if you think dogs will die out. There are accidental matings, stray dogs mating, etc. As I have said again and again, I am not against responsible breeding, I was asking how breeders feel so strongly as to continue breeding when there are dogs dying in rescue - I wasnt saying they shouldnt be, I was wondering what makes them. I dont think you understand
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 32 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »