View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2011, 06:49 AM
We're trying to decide on a flooring at thre new house, laminate is the cheapest option but after a few people mentioning it, we're considering vinyl. Apparently the higher quality ones look pretty fab - several people saying theirs has been mistaken for real wood. The practical side is great and its meant to be warmer underfoot and less nolisy than laminate. Not cheap though, as much as or more than a decent carpet
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2011, 07:02 AM
We have amtico in the hall and back room. I hate it. It's hard to keep looking really good but that may be because of the colour we chose. That said the stuff in the hall has been down for 12 ish years and is still going strong despite a toddler playing cars up and down it for a few years and so many dogs I have lost count. It is still slippy though. The vinyl lino stuff we have in the kitchen is less slippy, laminate mine struggle on a bit and with Tango's arthritis and fostering oldies that's not good... That said with a big heavy non slippy rug it should be okay..
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2011, 08:06 AM
We have laminated all through down stairs, bought from Floors to go 8 years ago, must admit it wore well under the herd of dog feet and you wouldn't even know its that old looking at it.

We had the Rosewood colour, it looks like real wood, it cleans beautifully, I don't wet it though just a damp mop and every now and again I use the polish made for laminated floors.
The dogs have no problems at all, with it, we have two large rugs one in the living room and one in the dining room, in the kitchen we have stone flooring. Things have been dropped on it and alsorts and no probs.
Jackalyn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-12-2011, 08:57 AM
I have laminate in my front room and love it. It's so easy to keep clean. Just a good sweep with a brush and occasionally a slight damp mop.

I probably picked the wrong colour as went for a really light one which does show the dirt more but I like the colour. If I had it again though I would picka darker colour.

I still have to have a runner down and a rug as feel it would be too cold snd slippery for the dogs. When I first had it put down the dogs were sliding all over the place but don't any more so they must just get used to it.

It feels cleaner and more hygienic than a carpet. The only problem is you have to be careful with it getting too wet as the water can get under Neath the flooring threw the cracks where it's slotted together so spillages have to be immediately mopped up. Can be a bit of a problem if you have a young dog who is not house trained.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2011, 09:14 AM
I have laminate in the living room it is an acacia colour so dark and it has been down 10 years or so now and no sign of wear or tear the dogs have all loved it. I would say go for it.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2011, 09:17 AM
I have Laminate in hall and office, carpet tiles in lounge, vinyl in kitchen. Machine washable non-slip vetbed as rugs as turning points for the arthritic one.
Brilliant!
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2011, 09:21 AM
I have laminate throughout the downstairs, I bought some relatively cheapy stuff on sale, laid it myself and it's survived 4 dogs being houstrained on it, numerous drinks spilt on it

The only downsides to IMO is that you have to wear slippers as your socks get really mucky no matter how many times you clean it Oh yeah and the dog hair rolls around and collects in corners.

Someone gave me a tip years ago and I think it works really well - Once a month or so I spray it with WD40 give it a good wipe and leave to dry - It takes ages so I do a room at a time to keep everyone off it. When dry it gives a lovely non slippy sheen and it helps to waterproof the edges where the lengths go together
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2011, 09:35 AM
I have vinyl throughout the downstairs. Easy to clean and less noise than laminate. Plus it is less slippery. Dylan is quite unsteady on his feet at times, but he doesn't struggle too much on this flooring.

With 3 dogs, 4 cats and fosters, plus friends dogs, it has held up rather well
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2011, 09:52 AM
Laminate floor boards here.
I love them. We have 2 rugs in the sitting area which are a nightmare to keep clean so can only imagine having a carpet throughout!

I Hoover every day with a little mini hoover then once a week with a big one. Mop every now and then. Kestrals feet are cleaned every time she comes in.

Keeps very clean. Noise doesn't bother me. She does prefer to do training on the rugs than on the hard floor though.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2011, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
I have vinyl throughout the downstairs. Easy to clean and less noise than laminate. Plus it is less slippery. Dylan is quite unsteady on his feet at times, but he doesn't struggle too much on this flooring.

With 3 dogs, 4 cats and fosters, plus friends dogs, it has held up rather well
Can I ask what brand/where you got it from?
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >