View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 02:29 PM
Sounds fantastic, ideal for you. And they'll be lovely neighbours! Wow, you really are heading over the county. You wont be far from your caravan will you? Beautiful part of the country though. Good luck and I hope you get it.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 02:37 PM
It looks lovely H

I really hope it all works out for you, you'll be in a lovely part of the country and Dave will not have to worry about you on those days/nights when he can't be there. Just perfick xx
Azz
Administrator
Male 

18-06-2011, 03:49 PM
I think I just found it on the RM site - looks really nice H! That garden is gorgeous! Good luck - hope it goes smoothly for you!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
It looks lovely H

Does it? I can't see a link to see it

Good Luck H, I hope you are soon packing your stuff and heading to your new lovely home.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 04:26 PM
Hope it all works out for you.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 05:07 PM
Thanks guys, just had a little sleep on it, and realised it has nothing I was actually looking for, and yet it has everything! I wanted french doors from the kitchen to the garden, or at least from the lounge like we have now, but because it turns into a house at the back (coz of the hill!), if you had french doors you'd have a big drop from the lounge, coz it's like the lounge is on the first floor, but then you get the fantastic view of the woodland out the back there.

The kitchen is rather small and square, but we'd rip all that out anyway, and then there's just a door to the side which leads down to the garden via long steps. I love the big, square rooms, instead of the long narrow type, even the bedrooms are large and square and very light, both at the front, and there we were wanting 3, this has only two!

Dave will at last have his longed for double garage, that's integral around the back underneath the house so he'll be happy, and I'm going to be more than happy not having to throw the dogs in the car to go on a walk, it's only a matter of a few yards up the road to that public footpath onto those fields and woods, that's the best bit for me!

I can't seem to post a link to street view, but if you punch in Gorselands Sedlescombe, you have to go right to the end of that road, then turn right and get right to the very top of the close where it circles, where there is a ring of bungalows, then you'll see that little path which takes you to the footpath at the very top. Can't say which one it is yet (until it's ours lol!). I still can't get over the price of this place, I honestly don't think we'd find this much for our money anywhere in the Country, but of course, they just want out, nothing to buy, they just need the money, shame really, but our gain I think!

I'm going to have to have a real, hard think about how much to reduce our own house by coz we were adamant we wouldn't drop below £340, but if needs must then so be it, all relative really isn't it! Can't wait for Monday now, better do some serious cleaning tomorrow methinks!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

18-06-2011, 05:46 PM
Is this the one H?

-link removed-

Let me know if you want me to remove the link.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 06:02 PM
Yes, that's the one! Fantastic garden isn't it! Bit tired inside but we'll soon sort that out, and Dave's already built a big extension on the back (from the floor plan lol!) with decking up the top so I can have my french doors out the back, extended the kitchen out the side, and by the time we've finished we won't have downsized at all will we, and it'll be worth just the same as here!!! I shall have to keep a very tight rein on that man I can see it coming!! In all honestly, those pictures don't do it justice, the garden is a lot bigger than it looks there, but then that's a good thing, probably why it's still up for sale coz of the pics!!

Re: the link, yes, coz if too many people look at it on here, then it'll zoom up the google stakes and somebody might take a fancy to it before I have a chance to get my grubby little mits on it!!! Can you believe how great my dog walking is going to be in the future, not to mention the van change-overs, coz that's only 10 mins away instead of over an hour!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

18-06-2011, 10:15 PM
It looks lovely H - and I reckon you're doing the right thing getting one that needs a bit of work. I bet you could get it for about 200 to 220 - be cheeky and put an offer in
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2011, 06:15 AM
I wouldn't have minded a look.....

Ah, well
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >