Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

17-06-2011, 06:09 PM
I guess the market is hotting up - they were all waiting for you

Here's a few from the rightmove site that look quite nice!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-18967509.html

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-33362630.html

I thought you said it was meant to be cheap!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 06:20 PM
Now stop it!!! I aint that rich!!!! plus we're DOWNsizing remember!!! We're only going up to £280K coz we want loads a money in the bank, so I can spend it all on a new car, new shoes, oh and those doglets of course!!!

The trouble is, I want what I've got here for £100K less, but from looking at what I've picked out, I think we might have found it, I hope so anyway, it's a much cheaper area than where we are now, this village is highly sought after (apparently! Can't think why!!!! )
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 06:48 PM
Good luck H!! We are just in the process of moving, we have sold stc and are moving from Essex to Lincolnshire, hopefully!! I wanted to be further in the sticks, but due to my dad's medical condition we need to be central, but we still have a secluded plot, and a large plot!! Better than here!!
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Lol, I don't!! I've gone boggle eyed looking over the past couple of weeks, and the worst part is, when I've picked out 9 or 10 or been sent them by big agents, I then go through each one of them again in the evening with Dave and whittle it all down to 3 or 4 and guess what? I phone up the agents next day and get told they're sold Why do they DO that!!! I've had a fall out with this stuck up tart in one of the offices about this too, so I doubt we can deal with those agents now (although they do have lots of other offices locally!!! ).

These 4, are all surrounding Penshurst area which I really love, it's very green, and most of all CHEAP coz there's no commuter belt there and no work, but I don't like work anyway!

Thanks all, and Rubster, methinks you've guessed what I'm like when you're looking forward to the feedback then!!!!
You better be taking a notebook & pen mind Mrs!! I wanna full run down Aitch style!!!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by Rubster View Post
You better be taking a notebook & pen mind Mrs!! I wanna full run down Aitch style!!!!!
Lol, it's all ready, don't you worry about that!!! I have been known to walk in the front door and walk straight back out again in the past much to the agent's dismay, but like I told him, what's the point, it's not for me! You just "know" don'tcha!! As the saying goes, one instinctively knows when something is right!! Just call me Hyacinth!!!!
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Lol, it's all ready, don't you worry about that!!! I have been known to walk in the front door and walk straight back out again in the past much to the agent's dismay, but like I told him, what's the point, it's not for me! You just "know" don'tcha!! As the saying goes, one instinctively knows when something is right!! Just call me Hyacinth!!!!
I'll look forward to me invite to your swish pad for a candlelight supper then
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 06:46 AM
Just to let you know I am thinking of you today H and I hope it all goes well.
If you ever want to make a little detour on one of your trips then you are more than welcome to pop in for a cuppa and I will even offer you a biscuit
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 07:10 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Just to let you know I am thinking of you today H and I hope it all goes well.
If you ever want to make a little detour on one of your trips then you are more than welcome to pop in for a cuppa and I will even offer you a biscuit
I hope its in a china cup with a saucer & some home-made biccies now! Nothing else would quite cut the mark
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 07:38 AM
Good luck in your search H. I hope you find the home of your dreams. And you've got to tell me where in East Sussex you're looking. I may have moved to the West but Im an East girl through and through!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Well!!! We've found it!!!

After starting the morning with FOUR possible viewings, when I sat at the puter with Dave after walking the dogs, and went on the street view, it all changed Some of them were just not "us", too "estatey" for us, and one of them was on a B-road with no safety for putting the dogs in the cars parked out the front, and on a bend too!! See, they disguise all of these bad points by taking those fantastic pics, but Google tells the real story!!!

Anyhoo, I got straight on the phone to the girl in the office and one by one I cancelled each one of them much to her dissappointment (disapproval lol!). BUT, we did notice one on their list that I hadn't bothered with, and when we street viewed that one, well, we saw what a great little posh, quiet close it was in, PLUS, only two more bungalows up the road are green fields, with footpaths, woodlands, open downland where she said you can walk for miles and miles and miles, and the view from up the top there is quite outstanding. I know all this see, coz we've just got back from viewing it!

We spent nearly 2 hours in the house coz the old dear was a right laugh, and her daughter lives next door, and that is the reason they are selling, so that the mother can move in next door with her daughter and sil. They have already reduced their price by no less than £60K!!!!! We cannot believe what a real bargain this one would be, but the agent thought we had already sold subject to contract don't know how they got that idea, I surely wouldn't have told any porkies would I? So I told them we will be going on the market on Tuesday (just changed that now with my agent to Monday), and we are a very desirable property in a very desirable village, so finger's crossed we might sell very quickly and be able to buy this one.

There is one other couple who've been after it, but they still can't sell theirs, but I'm sure we'll beat them to it

It needs a few grand spending inside, and Dave wants to turn the lounge window into french doors and build a balcony of decking out there, because the garden slopes down to a stream, with just woodland opposite and the peace and quiet out there is just to die for! I can't believe what an exclusive area this is, Sedlescome, just the other side of Battle, it's very upmarket, very clean and tidy, with quaint this and that in the village, it's all so perfick for us!

The best thing is, I got on with this daughter and her mum like a house on fire, and she would be my new neighbour, so no worries about living on my own 3 days a week either, I'll be forever at "hers", and she has two dogs, both youngsters a springer and a lab that come to visit quite often, and she loves dog walking them up the road! Heaven hey?!

You must know Sedlescome then Gerri?? This is right up the top in Gorselands? Know it?

Lol at you Bev and Bev, there's a little tale about those biccies - I have them, but don't open them or offer them around, at least I didn't when Bev came down for a cuppa!!!

The only problem I have now is, my friend who runs the estate agency we'll be going with, has just told me it's a changed market yet again, over to the buyers! Whereas at the start of this year, they had all those buyers with no properties, it's all changed to lots of properties with hardly any buyers now, so it's going to be a hard sell unless somebody wants a lot of space which we've got her and lots of money of course lol! I will seriously reduce our price now so that we don't lose this other one, because in all honestly, they've come down from £300K and you would never in a million years get all this for £240K not anywhere! Watch this space then, I'm on the case for Monday, and we'll be on sale by the afternoon they reckon.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >