Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 12:16 PM

Viewing 4 houses tomorrow afternoon.

... they're all out in the sticks, with fantastic views over farmland, big gardens, plenty of parking for our 3 cars, and above all else, QUIET!!! We're downsizing in rural East Sussex/Kent coz it's more value for money over that way, and our house is going up for sale next Tues or Wed depending on which agent I choose.

Wish me luck, we've been here 24 years but this village just aint what it used to be, too noisy for my liking, always somebody with a bladdy hammer or a chainsaw or grinder, then there's the bouncy castle in the restaurant across the road, then there's the noisy bratts to the left of me and behind, it's all got too much in my old age.

The trouble is, Dave will be staying at his garage for 3 nights a week, so I'll be left home alone OMG I hate being on my own overnight, but then I have the dogs, I'm sure I'll be safe with them curled up on the bed, but this will mean he can come home from Thursday night till Monday morning, so it's good all round, everybody's happy.

I do hope one of these four will suit, otherwise, I'm gonna be doing this every week-end when I go up to the van until we find something we like! Exciting though!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-06-2011, 12:21 PM
Fingers XXXX , and good luck
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 12:39 PM
Thanks Jackie, I'm easily pleased, as long as it's quiet! These are near to the van park, it's a really beautiful area of East Sussex, and my change-overs will be a doddle!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-06-2011, 12:46 PM
Fingers crossed and good luck.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 12:48 PM
I'm so excited for you H...I hope you find something you like and can get moving as soon as possible.

I'm envious as we've put our move on hold, I would love to be somewhere in the sticks with no neighbours and plenty of land.

Don't forget to keep us posted with all the details
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Good luck with your search, hope you find the perfect home x
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Hope you find your dream home H, will be thinking of you and have everything crossed.
Just make sure it has an annexe for me to rent from you
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 12:56 PM
Good luck H...cant wait to hear your own personal assessment of the houses to be honest

I would love nothing more than to have a smallish house encased in alot of land,with not a neighbour in sight, it'd be a dream come true. It used to be my dream to have a house overlooking the beach...I have one now & its not enough. I want moreeeeeeeeeeeeee *stamps feet*

Bev x
Azz
Administrator
Male 

17-06-2011, 03:41 PM
Good luck H! I love looking at houses on rightmove.co.uk
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Good luck H! I love looking at houses on rightmove.co.uk
Lol, I don't!! I've gone boggle eyed looking over the past couple of weeks, and the worst part is, when I've picked out 9 or 10 or been sent them by big agents, I then go through each one of them again in the evening with Dave and whittle it all down to 3 or 4 and guess what? I phone up the agents next day and get told they're sold Why do they DO that!!! I've had a fall out with this stuck up tart in one of the offices about this too, so I doubt we can deal with those agents now (although they do have lots of other offices locally!!! ).

These 4, are all surrounding Penshurst area which I really love, it's very green, and most of all CHEAP coz there's no commuter belt there and no work, but I don't like work anyway!

Thanks all, and Rubster, methinks you've guessed what I'm like when you're looking forward to the feedback then!!!!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >