Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2009, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
We eat all our meals at the table, it is easier and nicer for us.
Yes we do too. It is definitely easier (when your dogs are the same height as your tea if it is on your lap!!!)It is also a time to talk about the day ahead at breakfast...and muse over the happenings of the day at tea/dinner. I wouldn't be without it. It is more used than the sofa!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2009, 05:00 PM
We have a glass-topped one, even though there are just the two of us (ohh, that reminds me of the song!! )

I must admit we have lapses where we end up eating our tea on our laps whilst watching telly. But, I do like it when we sit down to eat at the table as we do end up chatting away about stuff rather than being glued to the old goggle-box!!

We always use it at Christmas too. I think for families in particular, it would be nice to sit down as a family and have a chat about what happened that day. I guess it makes you touch base more.
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2009, 05:01 PM
I have a beautiful new dining table and chairs got it a couple of months ago . It's never been used !
We eat our meals on our laps and that's the way I was brought up too . I can't stand eating at a table .
Only got the new stuff as you have to put something in a dining room
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2009, 05:05 PM
Our dining table is used all the time - but not for eating. Proper family meals only happen at Christmas now, although when the boys were growing up we always had meals at the table together. But I reckon after 30 years of providing hotel service, I deserve time off for good behaviour, so we tend to eat very simply most of the time - salads & grills which are eaten wherever.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2009, 05:10 PM
When we first looked round our house when the previous occupants still lived in I was amazed that they had no dining table. Instead in the kitchen they had a cream leather sofa. What surprised me more was that they had two small children. I couldn't quite get my head round how they managed meal times.

Anyway where their leather sofa used to live we have a nice pine dining table with 4 chairs. I would've like one with six but we didn't quite have room.

We don't always eat at it and when i'm home alone i never sit at the table but it's nice to have it for when we do dinner parties or invite parents/family round for tea.

When we get our next house i desperately want a seperate dining room or a kitchen big enough to split into two in a kitchen/diner style.
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-10-2009, 05:47 PM
We have a dining table that at the moment has a keyboard at one end as eldest son has decided we should all hear him practice and at the other end is sort of a vet/pet centre type thing of my daughters with all her little animals of all descriptions that she is playing with We only eat round the table once a week on family night and also at Christmas!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2009, 06:19 PM
we have a dining table too, but then we have a dining room, so I suppose it would look odd bare

No Oak here though, we have a glass one, which sits 6.

Slobbey lot we are we eat with plates on the tray watching TV (don;t mind admitting it but thats us ) and usually use the dining table when friends come round or christmas/special meal times.
Mese
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-10-2009, 06:31 PM
Im going to turn the dog room back into a dining room now the dogs dont need their crates at night (dont chew and housetrained ... yay , lol)

I miss sitting round the table talking to the grandkids about school or whatever , and my Daughter about her day at work (im lucky enough they live with us) ... the OH prefers a tray infront of the tv , but im gonna put a stop to that as well , lol

Now im on the hunt for a nice table and chairs ... I do looooove shopping
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2009, 06:39 PM
We have just a plain pine one (and some chewed up chairs, grrr, puppies) and we sit at it for our meals the vast majority of the time. I think its important and quality time to eat together, mind it's only usually me and Myles but still. Would LOVE a proper dining room, next house deff.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2009, 06:40 PM
We have a large pine dining table, we don't sit around it much as we all eat at different times!

We do use it on special occasions and of course at Christmas!
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >