View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2009, 12:18 PM
double eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek that made my bum go funny!
I would have plut the nearest object, best gravy jug or hubs favourite glass or anything on it and waited for cavalry to arrive.
I once phoned my father in law & made in come round to get a giant turantula which kept running across the room like stealth. I hate it when they do that!I'm not exaggerating the size honest
The only thng worse has to be a cockroach or may bug!
I'm such a wimp!!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2009, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Elaine next time you show a pic of a spider.....please warn me
Awwwww sorry mate, but how do you think I felt confronted with that, and peeing myself and my bladder is not what it used to be I can tell you.
Next time I will put up a WARNING!!!! sign....just for you

Elaine xx
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2009, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
double eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek that made my bum go funny!
I would have plut the nearest object, best gravy jug or hubs favourite glass or anything on it and waited for cavalry to arrive.
I once phoned my father in law & made in come round to get a giant turantula which kept running across the room like stealth. I hate it when they do that!I'm not exaggerating the size honest
The only thng worse has to be a cockroach or may bug!
I'm such a wimp!!
Naaaa nothing worse than a spider, even cringe typing the name
I know what you mean about the stealth bit, It wasn't so bad when we had carpets because most of the time you would not see them. But we have laminate now, and I swear you can hear them plodding with Jack boots on....nasty beasts.
The only other thing that sent me into a fit of the vapours was when we were in Tunisia and I opened the bathroom, what is it with bathrooms and horrors?, door and sitting on the mat was the biggest...well I don't know what the hell it was. I was told it was a cockroach, but this was like no other cockroach I have seen, it was sandy coloured and stood about 3ft hight, Well it seemed that big to me at the time.

Elaine xxxx
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-05-2009, 12:37 PM
Don't kill it, I don't mind spiders they don't bother me at all, my OH screams if there is one about but I just pick it up and put it outside, I talk to them as well, I say things like come here lovely boy/girl, I can't tell what they are ! and my OH is freaking out and saying don't talk to the bloody thing get it out!
Worms though, thats a different matter, I'm the girly then and my OH isn't bothered, and has to rescue me.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2009, 12:47 PM
My hubby got bitten by a spider when picking it up (as big brave men do) in Kent at work and had heard there was some resemblence to a black widow - but European version! he went to hospital & took the spider with him. I think they had the spider checked out. Hubby's hand was swollen & he had to have some sort of injection - oooooo scarey! was about 2 years ago.
(Don't know what happened to the spider)
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2009, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by Mum To Many View Post
Don't kill it, I don't mind spiders they don't bother me at all, my OH screams if there is one about but I just pick it up and put it outside, I talk to them as well, I say things like come here lovely boy/girl, I can't tell what they are ! and my OH is freaking out and saying don't talk to the bloody thing get it out!
Worms though, thats a different matter, I'm the girly then and my OH isn't bothered, and has to rescue me.
Oh I would never ever kill one, they eat all the flies I just OH or son to remove offending beastie. Just was not there this time, so I just sat and waited and crossed my legs till he got home
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2009, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
My hubby got bitten by a spider when picking it up (as big brave men do) in Kent at work and had heard there was some resemblence to a black widow - but European version! he went to hospital & took the spider with him. I think they had the spider checked out. Hubby's hand was swollen & he had to have some sort of injection - oooooo scarey! was about 2 years ago.
(Don't know what happened to the spider)

My son was bitten a few years ago and it actually hung on to him the little barsteward. He has a nasty little wound there. UGH!!!!!!!!! he was doing the usual flinging it out the window for me
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2009, 03:43 PM
You need a spider catcher!

http://www.google.co.uk/products?hl=...num=1&ct=title

I have one of these: http://www.spiritofnature.co.uk/acat...insect+catcher

Once captured you do have to get quite close to push the slide lid over but I have found this has only helped with my fear of them as I have to get close to them but they are safely contained!

There are all sorts of humane spider catchers out there now - I feel bad killing them so instead I catch them using my spider catcher (which keeps them at arms length for most of it) and then throw them out of an upstairs window... hmm...
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2009, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by Mum To Many View Post
My granny is quite happy to share her house with spiders - she calls them her guests. Talks to them and allows them to stay as long as they pay their way by getting the flies

I'll never quite understand her...
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2009, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie View Post
You need a spider catcher!

http://www.google.co.uk/products?hl=...num=1&ct=title

I have one of these: http://www.spiritofnature.co.uk/acat...insect+catcher

Once captured you do have to get quite close to push the slide lid over but I have found this has only helped with my fear of them as I have to get close to them but they are safely contained!

There are all sorts of humane spider catchers out there now - I feel bad killing them so instead I catch them using my spider catcher (which keeps them at arms length for most of it) and then throw them out of an upstairs window... hmm...
I've got one of these, I give it to my hubby when I see a spider. I can't even get within arms length of them and anyway they wiggle around after you have caught them.
Aarrrggggh it is at this point that I drop it

Elaine you made me quite paranoid last night, I was so jumpy after seeing your picture.
At one stage Mo jumped off her bed and then stood staring at the floor, in a sight hound type way!
My heart was pounding I was convinced your visitor had come to see me
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4