Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
stardob
New Member!
Female 

20-11-2009, 08:16 PM

Water buckets knocked over!

Please help, my horse keeps knocking his water buckets over in the night, how can i stop this ??
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2009, 08:32 PM
I bought the ones that hang up in the stable, I have them in the kennels as well, they are a godsend.

these are the ones I have,
http://www.rideaway.co.uk/small-port...r/default.aspx
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-11-2009, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by stardob View Post
Please help, my horse keeps knocking his water buckets over in the night, how can i stop this ??
Some horses are so and so`s, when it comes to water .. been there with one of mine,

You can do as Shona suggests, or the other thing you can try is placing the water bucket inside a tire...

Originally Posted by Shona View Post
I bought the ones that hang up in the stable, I have them in the kennels as well, they are a godsend.

these are the ones I have,
http://www.rideaway.co.uk/small-port...r/default.aspx

Had them too, used then as feed buckets, but some little monkeys will tip them off the door also,
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2009, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Some horses are so and so`s, when it comes to water .. been there with one of mine,

You can do as Shona suggests, or the other thing you can try is placing the water bucket inside a tire...

Had them too, used then as feed buckets, but some little monkeys will tip them off the door also,
I had a manger type set up in the stable so I got lucky and hung it there, but yup had I put it on the door it would have got knocked off quick smart,
im blessed at the farm, all the stables have water troughs built in with auto fill up on them, the fields have them to, it makes for a really easy life.

the tyre idea is good, I have used this in the past and it works well.
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2009, 08:55 PM
fastent to the wall, or we use to put them in a tyre
ATD x
haylesequine
New Member!
Female 

22-11-2009, 12:29 PM
Completely concur with the Jackbox about horses whistling to their own tune! I in the past have used a spare car tyre and put the bucket inside that or you can get clips that you can attach to the wall to clip the handles to.
stardob
New Member!
Female 

22-11-2009, 01:29 PM
Theres so much to think about isnt there! thanks a lot for the advice, i'll try the tyre option and see what happens!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by stardob View Post
Theres so much to think about isnt there! thanks a lot for the advice, i'll try the tyre option and see what happens!
if you use the tyre option, make sure the tyre is a snug fit round the base of the bucket
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 02:20 PM
If you get one of those gigantic big, heavy water buckets (a pain to fill I know, but you use buckets or the hosepipe to fill it!) he can never knock that over, and make sure you put it in the corner of the stable by the door, otherwise he stands no chance of avoiding it the way they walk about overnight.

One of these I mean:
http://www.darrowfarm.co.uk/stable-equipment.htm

The manure bucket would be good if it's a thick enough one, but those flexible rubber ones this size are useless!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-11-2009, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
If you get one of those gigantic big, heavy water buckets (a pain to fill I know, but you use buckets or the hosepipe to fill it!) he can never knock that over, and make sure you put it in the corner of the stable by the door, otherwise he stands no chance of avoiding it the way they walk about overnight.

One of these I mean:
http://www.darrowfarm.co.uk/stable-equipment.htm

The manure bucket would be good if it's a thick enough one, but those flexible rubber ones this size are useless!

Oh we had those H, only trouble was Lance saw it as he own personal soaking trough for his hay
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >