Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2006, 10:46 PM

Socks are so last week!

Suki has now progressed from swallowing trainer socks whole to munching boxer shorts, tights and knickers!

Last week when I was home I jumped in for a quick shower (I was away five minutes!). She sneaked into my bag pulled out a pair of (very expensive) knickers and ripped them apart. Then progressed to eating the feet of my tights!

OH thought it was very funny until next day I showed him his boxers - big holes in them! Hey who's laughing now...

Daughter phoned last night to say Suki had managed to get another pair of boxers (stupid lodger left them lying around) and yep more holes than a sieve!

Anyone else's dog do this and any tips on how to make her stop would be really welcome. Costing me a fortune although daughter and I are setting a new trend in odd socks!
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2006, 10:48 PM
sorry but i find this so funny im glad its not just me who it happens to my two love stealing my knickers and runnning around the garden with them if im putting washing in the dryer there taking it out as soon as im putting it in and yet again its my knickers ive given up on buying them now
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2006, 11:00 PM
going commando now are you

It's sooooo embarassing though when you've got visitors and the dog is running about with a pair of your knickers in her mouth. You'd think with all the very expensive toys she's got that would keep her amused. But no, she wants to eat my undies - and if that's not enough she wants me to chase her to retrieve whatever is left. She munches as she runs!!!!!!
Minnie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-07-2006, 11:03 PM
Don't they always do it infront of visitors you'd rather they hadn't!

Loui has a thing for socks and flip flops
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2006, 11:03 PM
i bought some lovely knickers a week ago really slinky ones well they got hold of them and pulled well there wasnt much of them to start of with but it took seconds for them to have half each i could of died my new knickers gone but i couldnt stop laughing it was the looks on there faces
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2006, 11:26 PM
oh classic!!

my Jazzie was REALLY bad for chewing knickers, socks, shoes, PHONE WIRES, and her favourite trick - pulling the washing down off the washing line and dragging it round the garden - well who needs fabric softner anyway!!
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2006, 11:36 PM
i would be asking for trouble if i hung my washing on the line the boys love to swing on it
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2006, 11:52 PM
she doesn't do it now, just when she was younger.
Flickitysplit
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-08-2006, 08:09 AM
It's so nice to log on and realise you're not alone in suffering strange problems with your dog! Jake has developed a fascination with my socks. Especially when I'm wearing them ... he pulls them off my feet and runs into the garden - I've lost two just this week. (Touch wood no other undies yet though!) Aren't dogs weird?
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2006, 11:32 AM
Ha ha ha, awww poor Suki!

Think i've been quite lucky as Roxy is more of a 'sucker' than a destroyer. I would say for now, you've just really got to watch that these things arn't left lying around. My wash basket is kept up on the kitchen worktop just incase Roxy decides to pull it all out However Roxy is also a puller off the washine line or towel rail

Just have to keep it away from her for the time being!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >