View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2008, 04:22 PM
So sorry to hear this Jackie...I've got everything crossed that its a one off, it must have been so scary for John, and for you to have to wait for her appointment.

Big hugs to you all xxx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Sorry to hear the news hun.......but like you say maybe a one off. Keep us posted....glad she is happy now, bet she's thinking this is great
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2008, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
just caught this thread.
Hope its just a one off - hugs to cassie baby from us here
Thanks Dani, here's hoping xx

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I'm so glad she is okay.

I hope it is a one-off - you probably know what we go through with Loki. If there's anything I can do, any help or advice I can offer, please let me know. I will try to look out for your posts but let's hope that this was an isolated seizure.

xxx
Thanks LS, I was thinking about you and what you go through today. Let's hope it was isolated. Thanks very much for your offer of help and advice. I hope we don't need it but will certainly ask if we do.xxxxx

Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
So sorry to hear this Jackie...I've got everything crossed that its a one off, it must have been so scary for John, and for you to have to wait for her appointment.

Big hugs to you all xxx
Thanks Sheree. Think John's settled a bit now. She's fine though so hopefully we never have to deal with it again

Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Sorry to hear the news hun.......but like you say maybe a one off. Keep us posted....glad she is happy now, bet she's thinking this is great
Thanks Steph. We've just taken her for a 1/2 hour gentle walk on the old golf course and she was her normal little self carrying the ball around with her tail in the air. She's had some biscuits and some dinner and is now curled up on the sofa bless her.xxxxx
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2008, 05:35 PM
Oh hun, just caught this.
So sorry to hear that Cassie had a fit. Maybe the heat didnt help either?
If it's any consolation we had a poodle that had a fit, the vet said with Poo it was getting too excited, he was going absolutely beserk with a squeaky toy at the time. But it was a one off (squeaky toys were banned after that!), hoping Cassie's is a one off too.
Sending gentle hugs to you both.
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2008, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Thanks Hazel. John should be on his way with her now. We're with Park Ave. up by the Stray xx
I thought/hoped you were with them, one of my friends took her dog to them who had fits and they were great. So glad to hear she's back to her old self, Ziggie used to fit regularly and its a horrible experience for them and us especially when they;re coming round and are disorientated. As has also been said hereditary epilepsy would show earlier which is a good sign as its much more likely to be a one off. Give her a big hug from me, one for John as it will have been scary and upsetting for him, and one for you as its must have been so hard not being there x
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2008, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
Oh hun, just caught this.
So sorry to hear that Cassie had a fit. Maybe the heat didnt help either?
If it's any consolation we had a poodle that had a fit, the vet said with Poo it was getting too excited, he was going absolutely beserk with a squeaky toy at the time. But it was a one off (squeaky toys were banned after that!), hoping Cassie's is a one off too.
Sending gentle hugs to you both.
Thanks Becky. It could have been one of a load of things I guess. She's much better now and is curled up having a kip on the sofa so hope she's going to be ok Gentle hugs most gratefully received.xxxxx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2008, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by Kicks View Post
I thought/hoped you were with them, one of my friends took her dog to them who had fits and they were great. So glad to hear she's back to her old self, Ziggie used to fit regularly and its a horrible experience for them and us especially when they;re coming round and are disorientated. As has also been said hereditary epilepsy would show earlier which is a good sign as its much more likely to be a one off. Give her a big hug from me, one for John as it will have been scary and upsetting for him, and one for you as its must have been so hard not being there x
Thanks Hazel. I like the vets up there and we've been with them since we got Cassie. Poor John was really frightened by the whole thing especially since she was howling the whole time. It must have been terrifying for him. I'm hoping you're all right about it being a one off. Thanks for the hugs for both Cassie and John and mine of course They're greatly appreciated.xxxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2008, 06:26 PM
So glad to hear she's enjoyed a nice walk and is now suitably curled up asleep after her dinner, awwww, I'm so pleased to be reading this better news Jackie.xxx

If it's any consolation, I remember down on the beach one day, my year old spaniel took a fit, and it scared the pants off me at the time. Luckily there just happened to be a vet across the road from the beach, so we rushed her in there. He told us it had been a fit, after I did a really stupid, stupid thing I tipped some water on her head because she was getting hot, the shock, the heat, (whatever), he explained to me about how their brains are so very close to the top of their heads and this is what had probably caused it , and she never, ever fitted again in her entire life and she lived to 12 years of age, bless her. Now you never know, she could have been racing around playing with that toy of hers and maybe knocked her head on something you'll never know I know, but I just wanted to tell you about my girl and how she only ever did it once, even though I'm soooo very embarrassed to admit about how stupid I was back then and she was my very first dog all of my own. You live and learn though, and I remember how upset and shocked I was at the time, being all on my own, so I can understand how upset you both must feel, especially poor John who saw her like it, he must have been beside himself at the time. He needs a lot more cuddles tonight along with Cassie!xxxxxxxxx
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2008, 06:27 PM
Poor Cassie, Im pleased she is ok. I hope she never has another WH, but Ive no doubt she's in good hands if she ever did.
Dawn.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2008, 06:38 PM
Sorry to hear about Cassie. Glad that she is now ok and hopefully it is a one off.

Sue
Page 5 of 22 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »