View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2015, 11:13 AM
Good morning everyone and welcome to The Grocer and Sags.

Hope you are feeling better today Griff.

Don't over do it June but hope the back holds out.

Hope Gorden finds the entrance hole for your visitors Lynn. Not thinking of putting up the tree yet I leave it as late as possible and take it all down as soon as my sister loves after New Year

Hope the little muppet is behaving Norma and nice to see you back

Lol Nippy and forgetting the wrapping paper. I did that with the cards and stamps and had to make a special journey.

Hope your coat keeps you nice and warm and dry Moyra.

I can just see Sammy with an umbrella (no) 1cuteddog

Saw journey Pospster especially round the Heathrow part of the M25 near seen it empty thereI think the variable speed limit things are really to blame.

Very windy here but dry. Teazle walked or rather blown, bread made and have also made some chicken and mushroom and steak and mushroom pies plus a couple of blackberry and apple and one apple pie (for son who doesn't do blackberries)

Have a good day and stay safe
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-12-2015, 11:17 AM
Well we actually got out, had to drag Sammy out the close but when I turned down the road to go to his beloved park all was well haha until we turned the corner at the bottom and the wind and rain lashed us. He turned tail and we ran back up the road to the house It was so funny.

To go out I need boots, jacket, hat and gloves and Sammy needs his coat and harness, so to put all that on just to have to take it off seconds later is a bit annoying. Now of course I'll worry about him needing a poo. I need a big bell tent type of coat that he could hide under, he can't stay in for the next 4/5 months waiting for some better weather.

Hope everyone else's dogs aren't such wimps.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-12-2015, 11:25 AM
Mine aren't keen on bad weather and they much prefer to hibernate and keep out of it. Cariad does not like getting wet at all, even in the summer she'll only paddle in the river, and thats if its a very hot day,whilst the others are running about splashing and swimming. Taking her out in the rain you'd think she was being punished from The Face
I'm curled up with a hot water bottle on my back, dire outside, very windy
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-12-2015, 11:33 AM
I'm surprised TW I thought it was only small dogs who didn't like the bad weather. My other dogs would go out in blizzards, used to always want a dog who didn't like bad weather but now I just worry about him needing the toilet
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-12-2015, 11:40 AM
Mine like the snow, its just heavy rain they're not keen on. I don't think you need worry about this toilet thing, when one of my girls has had babies it's sometimes 24 hours before they will go to the loo, I put puppy pads on top of newspaper near an outside door, they can still see the babies (God forbid they should take eyes off them for more than a millisecond) but can download what they need to, even then they don't always go till the next day.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-12-2015, 11:50 AM
Good morning everyone, well that's a lie for a start, it's not a good morning it's dreadful. Gale force winds all night which are still with us, albeit slackening off a touch, everywhere is waterlogged and the rain just isn't going to stop anytime soon!
Moan over - won't have to go and lock up the livestock for the night as to a one they refused point blank to leave their comfy homes this morning - seems they have far more sense than myself. So changed all the water and topped up their food then shut the doors and left them all to while away the day well fed and cosy!
For those of an ornithological bent - you remember the story of the little robin which I found sat under a bush, the other week, well, as stated I installed him in my corn store, which is large and well lit and ventilated and gave him some mealworms (which he promptly ate). Update - It would appear that we now have him on staff full time - he still spends time in the cornstore and roosts there over night but has taken to doing the rounds with me in the morning along with endearing tricks like sitting on the edge of the feed bucket and examining the contents and flying just in front of me to the next fence post where he waits for me to catch up before going on to the next. I have always found them charming little creatures and this one is no exception although I am not blind to the fact that his apparent fondness for me could have a lot to do with me being in charge of the mealworm supply! LOL ! A little bludger really! Although terribly sweet!
Hope all are well today and that aches and pains subside also that our four legged companions remain happy and healthy. Bye fer now.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-12-2015, 11:57 AM
Ah love the little robin Yes mine are quite warm and cosy and have no wish to brave the weather, they will come out when I take lunchtime bones, although Cariad will doubtless stick her nose out far enough to grab the bone and disappear
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-12-2015, 12:33 PM
June - Don't know where these people get lurchers that lie around all day. Mine seem to have sensors that tell them when I go near an outside door, they are up and after me in a second. They want to be out and about all day in anysort of weather, in fact it is frequently me that calls a halt to the proceedings for fear they'll do themselves a bad 'un. Scout (Danger Curls as she now gets called) is even worse - the blerdy thing just won't keep still - we can be out for hours and the lurchers will all come in and settle down (albeit keeping an eye on me to make sure they're not missing anything) but Scout just keeps boinging around the place, sure she's got Duracell batteries installed.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-12-2015, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Mine like the snow, its just heavy rain they're not keen on.
Same here at least as far as Rianna is concerned, no sure about Casey as we've not had any snow since he came to us and we may not get much either.

Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
it's dreadful. Gale force winds all night which are still with us, albeit slackening off a touch, everywhere is waterlogged and the rain just isn't going to stop anytime soon!
Watched a weather man this morning on TV and he was saying there's an 'Amber' warning out up your way, better check your roof from time to time, hope you and June survive, tough lot you Northerners

Bit windy down here but dry
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-12-2015, 01:33 PM
Good day to you Harvey - Glad you say it is only an Amber Warning - I won't need to put on anything over my T-Shirt then! Of course, I'm nowhere near as hardy as June - she'll be down on the River Irwell in wellies and bikini!!! lol !
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >