Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-12-2015, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
Not sure I'm that struck on the "new look". How did we get it - I certainly didn't order it! lol !
Yes it all looks a bit different and so far as I can see there is no logic to it. Also I can't see the 'todays posts' button so I can't quickly go to that and click on the 'Daily Thread'

Not sure if it's Azz or if he's having to use updated software from a supplier which could well be a some firm over the pond who have changed the layout just to show us how clever they are

Sorry to be a tad cynical but has happened before (Maybe about 6 or 7 years ago) don't mind changes if there's some logic to it.

Edit:-
I 'jumped the gun' a bit above
It is all Azz's work, he has started a thread explaining it, quite a lot to take on board, but the justification is there if you want to read it.

gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-12-2015, 09:34 PM
]================================================== =============[gtffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff fffffffffffff
Sorry to go off topic but Barnaby has been helping me with my computer skills - seems that cat is the only thing in the world that knows less about computermybobs than I do.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2015, 09:38 PM
Moyra, if you can't find the disk for your scanner, google the make and model and you should be able to download a file...that's how I do mine
I don't mind the new look
Lynn, pleased the camera picked something up
Amazon haven't delivered.....again!!!2 days I have been told it's getting delivered, apparently it has been delayed due to external problems
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-12-2015, 09:40 PM
Back again, this time without my feline assistant.
Harvey - I have so little computer know how that I can't really comment apart from just saying that change for it's own sake is seldom a good thing.
I would hope there is some sensible reasoning behind it.
Mind - it is 2015 and sensible reasoning seems to be no longer in vogue.
Time - or the powers that be - will tell! I presume!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-12-2015, 09:46 PM
Azz will have been playing around with different looks
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-12-2015, 09:50 PM
Griff - What have you done to Amazon to upset them! lol ! Glad I don't do the on-line thing I'd spend my life wandering about mumbling about it's lack of efficiency, seems nearly everyone on here has got the same sort of problems with them. Can't help wondering why they're so popular - if it takes them forever to come up with the goods. Hope you are feeling OK this evening (or at least a little better).
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-12-2015, 09:52 PM
I would hope there is some sensible reasoning behind it.
Well I'm going to have to go back to my post 31 in this thread and edit it because I slightly 'jumped the gun' and Azz has written up an introduction to the new look Dogsey and the new features.

It will take me a while to get totally 'au fait' with it all but I'll get there in the end.

Good thing is that everyone with more than one 'respect point' will be able to send and receive PM's
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-12-2015, 10:10 PM
What is a "respect point" Harvey? I'm afraid I have absolutely no idea!
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-12-2015, 10:25 PM
Have now read the Announcements bit about the new look. Still non the wiser as regards the "respect point" even though they are referred to in the post. Oh well! Suppose I'll recognise one if it ever bites me.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-12-2015, 10:29 PM
What is a "respect point" Harvey? I'm afraid I have absolutely no idea!
Well if i understood it correctly it will replace the 'Old Dogsey' reputation points thingy (Which was activated when you clicked on that 'star' button in the bottom right hand part of the screen) People would accumulate these 'rep point' thingies although I hardly ever looked at mine, it didn't matter to me if I had one or a thousand.

Anyway it seems that is all dead and buried but the 'star' button is still there and when you click on it now a 'point' is sent to the person whose post you were reading, once that has been done you can then send PM's (Private Messages) to that person which is useful sometimes if you want to communicate one to one without everyone logged on being able to read your words.

I may be wrong but under the 'Old Dogsey' you had to be a subscriber to Dogsey to be able to send PM's (Various levels of subscription starting at £5 if I remember correctly)
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >