View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2015, 06:55 PM
Hahaha, the gift shop manager had the same surname as me (Luscombe) a good old Devon name and very appropriate for the programme.
I know that TW often watches it and I think she knows my surname too.
LG I would love to be by your fire!
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-11-2015, 07:20 PM
That's me Nippy - getting the wrong end of the stick - as usual. Cracking name - steeped in local tradition.
I love sitting by a log fire, with all the lights extinguished watching the flames and sparks shooting up the chimney, the flickering shadows playing round the room and all the dogs around me, cosy and at peace with the world, bliss!
Lynn - fascinating things fish, never knew that about the Gouramis. There's so much more to them than just filling a tank and chucking them in! lol ! Saw the pics of your tank and think it looks lovely, yet another peaceful pastime - watching fishes swim around in their own little world.
June - have seen the weather forecast for the weekend and it looks as if there is a cold snap coming - so apart from anything else it could save you a few bob on those shavings. At the current rate it'll cost you more to bed them down than to feed them! Not something anybody needs.
Back later once I've been fed, bye fer now, enjoy your evening everyone.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-11-2015, 07:30 PM
Had to put some more fresh down in the big kennel, I took half the smaller kennel's shavings out because they were wet and full of poo, then moved some of the shavings from the biggest part of the big kennel into there, then shoveled the shavings from the sleeping part into the main part of the big kennel, and put fresh into the sleeping compartment. Are you still following me
More sweeping up, girls finished tea, gave them a banana each, and then checked on them half an hour later and they were in bed, left the lights on for a while and I'll check to make sure no ones wandering around in the rain, but I think they have at last got the message that you stay in when its wet, which will save on the shavings I hope. Mainly Zen doing it, but Kesh is also a so and so for it and even copped Cariad in the rain a couple of times, these of course are the ones with the big heavy rough coats and hence the sopping shavings once they lie down with all the wet coat, Lona and Mabs have the shorter dense double coat and the rain just runs off them and they don't absorb it at all, but of course they're the ones that stay in anyway. Can't win can I
Chris with Zillar just rang me, she's 6 on the 23 November, same day as Lona and Cariad, gone so fast, he's had her 4 years now and she is a different girl from the scared girl I took back.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2015, 08:04 PM
Hahaha Nippy, they could've just asked you!!! maybe you could get a bit as an extra next series and we could all try to spot you, brian and pepsi
Lynn, wise not to buy from a place with dead fishes in the tank...never a good sign!!
TW, hope the girls decide to keep their kennels clean and dry
LG... i love fires...i am a slight wannabe pyromaniac if i am honest..first mention of anyone wanting to burn something i am there...love it Lol. I did used to dye the tips of my hair red...that was quite a few years back now, my mate jim says i've to dye it blue again..so i will
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-11-2015, 08:13 PM
Griff - Bit worrying the pyromaniac bit. Not the ideal weekend guest then?????lol! Go for it with the blue - you know you want to!
Just looked out of the window and the blerdy car is covered in snow - here we go again! Beggar!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2015, 08:22 PM
oooooooooooooooooo really LG....... now i could come and defrost that for you Lol. I only light fires in safe places...will spend ages outside with my little bbq burning everyones paperwork that is no longer required.... something quite hypnotic with fire. will sort my hair out at the weekend...need to cover the grey bits asap Lol
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-11-2015, 09:00 PM
Heavy rain here - again. Snow would make a change
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2015, 09:07 PM
we've just had either hail or a bit of sleet/snow...there is icy bits on the sheet of rubber mat that is in the garden.....best get my hat out lol
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-11-2015, 09:50 PM
Well who would have guessed it that you down south would get our weather. Dry here still but bitterly cold. Not sure if it's that Bernie or whatever he's called or just usual November weather. Been out for all our walks today and didn't get wet once.

Griff my son was like you facinated by fire. When he was about 3 he loved lighting candles, bought him a pack 8. He lit them blew them out and lit them again, He did this at times for quite a few years. I was of course always with him. When he was about 9 or 10 he wanted to to it again so I got out what I thought was the same dish. He had a small candle, I was in the kitchen when he shouted. haha He had been setting fire to tissues there was a flame at least a foot high and then the dish broke. I had to run for cups of water. There was a big candle wax stain on the carpet for a long time. Funnily enough he never asked to play with fire again. I then remembered that the dish used previously was metal and I had given him a glass ashtray.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-11-2015, 10:29 PM
Well the snow has melted at ground level but the car and hedges and roofs still have a good coating. Just hope that it doesn't freeze now or the roads will be terrible.
1CD - if I knew how I would willingly send your Scottish weather back to brave Caledonia and you could keep it! lol ! The only good thing is that although we are quite high up on the moor, the snow seldom stays for more than a week or two at any one time as we tend to get a fair amount of wet mist and rain and it shifts it quite quickly.
Griff - about that "only lighting fire in safe places" surely as an apprentice pyromaniac a "safe place" just means anywhere that doesn't burn your OWN house down.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >