Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Laurabehjet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-06-2013, 01:57 PM

Puppy farming urgent replies!

I've just been perusing pets4homes and come across a very suspicious ad.

How and who do I go about reporting it to????
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2013, 02:06 PM
Could ring the RSPCA.
Laurabehjet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-06-2013, 02:08 PM
Have just reported all 3 ads on the pets4homes website.

RSPCA I believe are a pile of poo but. Will try them aswell.

The advertiser is poplar farm stables and kennel if anyone wants to take a look.
Search border collie for sale 81 miles from Milton Keynes
Laurabehjet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-06-2013, 02:11 PM
[mod edit ]

All the puppies are from Wales so parents can't be seen.

What do people think????
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2013, 02:23 PM
They are puppy dealers & have to be licensed the same way a pet shop selling puppies has to, your local authority is the correct way i.e.Dog Warden

Breeding & Sale of Dogs Act 1999
Laurabehjet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-06-2013, 02:25 PM
Pet shop pups are farmed as well I believe?
So cross about the whole thing, I find out the local authority details ( it won't be mine as these are a few miles from me)
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2013, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by Laurabehjet View Post
Have just reported all 3 ads on the pets4homes website.

RSPCA I believe are a pile of poo but. Will try them aswell.

[mod edit ] if anyone wants to take a look.
Search border collie for sale 81 miles from Milton Keynes
Seriously???The RSPCA is the oldest and largest animal welfare organisation in the world.You must have had a terrible experience with them. Referring to them as "a pile of poo" is a bit much but I guess everyone is entitled to there opinion
Laurabehjet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-06-2013, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
Seriously???The RSPCA is the oldest and largest animal welfare organisation in the world.You must have had a terrible experience with them. Referring to them as "a pile of poo" is a bit much but I guess everyone is entitled to there opinion
The issues I have as follows:

1. I reported a farm in the midlands selling 12 different breeds many years ago.
Their response was they could do nothing and I would need to provide them with evidence (trespassing) before they could act.

2. My friend reported an abandoned dog, starving, completely alone and suffering.
They didn't want to know.

3. They closed down rosedene kennels and shot 3 of the dogs there immediately with no assessment.
I lived near rosedene ( a rescue). The volunteers adored the dogs, they were well cared for and the three they shot had shown no aggression previously.

4. Have no respect for a rescue that euthanises it's animals after a period of not being adopted.

Heard multiple other horror stories.

Back to the puppy farm, reported on pets4homes, will contact local authority and RSPCA. What else could be done..
Laurabehjet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-06-2013, 02:51 PM
Maybe they've changed, just contacted RSPCA. Couldn't fault them actually.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2013, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post

You must be having a laugh !!

For example domestic duck with life threatening injury reported-RSPCA Inspector reply-we dont deal with wildlife Similar with TV cameras present 4 Inspectors spent 5 hours chasing wild duck around smaller pond ending with senior inspector giving duck lethal injection on camera.

Young GSD chained up in garden with no water or food or shelter on a very hot(over 20C)day-inspector called around told owner dog was in need of being wormed & was aggressive male-inspector never got nearer to the dog that 20+ feet & never touched the dog. I was called by a GSD rescue notified of dogs situation by very concerned neighbour who was throwing food over to ravenous dog. I found a 14 month old bitch weighing 12.5 kgs(instead of 25 kgs)tricked owner into signing over bitch in return for a bigger male GSD(which was my own protection trained dog)& once the bitch was legally in my possession ensured my dog scared the living daylights out of him with an impressive display of "speaking"& growling on unseen command. When taken to my vet & treated for free is was in the early stages of irreversible dehydration & starvation & my vet would have supplied evidence for a prosecution-RSPCA inspector told him that he(the vet)wasn't experienced nor qualified enough to supply such evidence-the vet only had over 20 years of experience in treating animals.

Maltreatment of cat reported to RSPCA-no call returned & cat died shortly afterwards due to the maltreatment-no visit ever made by RSPCA.

Bitches sold from RSPCA kennels that had been there for over 2 months that were 3-4 weeks in whelp(i.e. mated within the kennels)& only an offer of the puppies being taken by back by the RSPCA after they were weaned-new owners being blamed for the litter !!

Dogs being sold by RSPCA kennels on a contract that they must be returned only to the RSPCA if the dogs cannot be kept & then being refused kennel space by same RSPCA at a later stage, yet same kennels threatened breed rescue with legal action for rehoming the same 2 dogs.

None of this is hearsay it is just a very small amount of my experience of the RSPCA-a so called animal charity whse headquarters spends more money on new headquarters & advertizing on TV etc than on animal welfare investigations.Are you aware that ALL the money donated via the TV advertizing goes to the RSPCA Headquarters & not to the local branches which are independent franchise type organizations ?

This report staggered me
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >