View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vodkalass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-06-2011, 10:27 AM
Maybe when i first got them to test a recall.
But why do you ask?
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-06-2011, 11:00 AM
No but my dogs are all fine off lead so it's not an issue for us.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2011, 11:04 AM
My reply was not just because of Henry's recall, it is quite good if there are no other dogs to distract him

I would love to take him somewhere where I know that he would not come face to face with out of control aggressive dogs, if I was renting somewhere I could take him on his own, or arrange to meet up with his friends who could also run free with him, all without the threats that we face every day on public grounds.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2011, 11:07 AM
Well I would answer as SB has---but I met a lady with a retired greyhound the other day and she has tried on the beach and found that he frightens other people/dogs even when muzzled. I know of other people who would probably use it as a facility as well. Another friend is in trouble with bad arthritis and can't walk hers----but could sit and play with them. In fact she comes up to the garden sometimes and does that.

Just thoughts really.

Any ideas on what a decent price would be?

rune
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2011, 11:10 AM
not for my two as they are fine offlead, have a great recall and are ok round other dogs.

but say if i had a breed that was known for not coming back until they wanted to e.g husky or mal, then yes id use it, as even though a dog being lead walked everywhere doesnt bother me, it would be nice for them to have a place where they could stretch their legs and have a run.
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Yes, from time to time, dependant on cost. With Poppy being deaf, there are very limited opportunities to let her off lead. I've been looking for months for somewhere within easy driving distance that is secure to let her off lead, but no luck
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2011, 11:35 AM
I think it would be a great idea for those people who cant let their dogs off. A few of my friends never did off lead training and now they are too scared to let them off. It would be a great idea to get a few people together and the ones that arnt allowed off lead. It would be good first basic training with the dogs for recall etc
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2011, 11:36 AM
Absolutely. While we are trying to solve Cain's fear react behaviour towards dogs and people, he must stay on lead. It kills me as he's a young active dog who needs to run and play. He never gets to run full speed or get out of breath. You can't play ball on a lead! Admittedly he's much better now and can go off lead in some situation (perhaps 2-3 times a week), but in the beginning I'd have given anything for an area like that. Even now, I would still pay to have half an hour of peaceful time. No stress, no strangers, no out of control dogs, no cyclists, no joggers with a death wish......

Just a space to relax, run free, play and train. I wish! (also agree it would be great if it had somewhere to swim too). I think for people with dogs with certain problems, it would be a god send, both to the dog and the owner's santiy!
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2011, 11:39 AM
Definitely if the price was reasonable. It would need to be quite large though & have interesting places to sniff etc. Know my niece would like a similar area for her dog but not with a pool as it present she is struggling to keep him out of water. I don't have that problem mine are very reluctant to get wet. I'd happily pay £10 an hour. The benefits over the garden would be if it was being let regularly there would always be new & interesting smells there.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2011, 11:39 AM
I've told OH, if we win the lottery, I'm buying some land to do this - will just charge what's needed for upkeep. Booked group sessions, individual walks at set times, maybe renting it out for training classes (have heard a few cases where people couldn't do agility classes or whatever because the area just wasn't secure enough). Big pipedream though, have to wait for those numbers to come up
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >