View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2004, 01:42 PM
grandparents are a law unto themelves i suffered with my mum aswell kirsty but i am determined to be a better mum than she was and she treats them a lot better than she treated me
stonedagen
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-11-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by Kirsty
This is going to sound awful, but i have never got used to the idea of being a mum... even now. My eldest is 7 i think its something the way my mum was with me i didn't get much love or attention... and now i hate her for that.

I do try with my 2, but it is very hard... when they go off on one i have to get Ian to deal with them. I know that i have a bad temper and i have lost it a few times, thats why its best for him to deal with it.

But with baby's i'm great, i think its because they don't shout or answer back and they need that love and looking after... my 2 run off if i ask for a cuddle

Mine go to bed at 7pm every night. so to get used to a routine... but annoys me with the grandparents when they let them go to bed at 9pm, and then they wonder why i get wind up on a school night when they won't go to bed.

Why cannot grandparents do as there told to.

Sorry for the little rant... not had much sleep and abit pi$$ed off
I know exactly where you are coming from, i had a similar kind of parenting to yours, i was never openly shown affection, although i do try with my son, and make a point of telling him i love him everyday, but i struggle with him, he isnt the easiest child to deal with at the best of times, infact i nearly had a nervous breakdown due mainly to me not being able to cope with him ......although its not his fault, if you understand my meaning!
My Oh has to do a lot with my son when he is here because a lot of the time i am unable to cope with him.....i think what im trying to say is dont worry youre not the only mum that finds being a mum not easy!!

I think thats why i put so much time and effort into my dogs because i get from them something i have never found anywhere else (OH included in that) They are a huge part of my life that i would be completely lost without, if it wasnt for pepper especially i dont think i would be here today!........as stupid as that sounds!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by gordon lover
As I have to leave the house at 7 to be at school for 7:25 (I have to ride the bike 2.6 km 4 times a day, 2 to school, 2 times home), that means I'm riding in the dark .
7:25!! Thats tooooo early!
Why do you have to go to school twice and home twice? DO you go home for your lunch?
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2004, 06:12 PM
Well, Swiss schools don't have lunch canteens. So I have to go home for my lunch or I starve.

Its a stupid system though. I never get enough sleep.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2004, 06:13 PM
You don't have lunch canteens?! That is silly!
What time do you finish school?
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2004, 06:20 PM
tell me about it!!

It depends. We start at 7:25, go home at 11:05, then we come back at 1:30, and stay till 3:15 to 5:15. It depends on what lessons we have in the afternoon.

But on Wedensdays we have half day. So weo nly stay for the morning.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2004, 06:26 PM
Wow, thats a really long day
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2004, 06:31 PM
hugely long Its so hard to spend time with Tamino now, and I really need to start training more.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-11-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by katyb
grandparents are a law unto themelves i suffered with my mum aswell kirsty but i am determined to be a better mum than she was and she treats them a lot better than she treated me
me too Katy..I used to stand there openmouthed as Step mother from hell was sooooo nice to the grandchildren
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4