register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-03-2007, 05:58 PM

Hurrah!!! Maelona Is Now A Lady! (utonagan)

Well when I went to put the shopping in the car this morning I noticed that the sheet the girls had been on last night going to dog training had a couple of blood marks on.
Haha!!! I thought, at last. Then, well which one? So gave them a bone and banana each for lunch and got my piece of kitchen roll, and blotted each one, Cariad was clear, Maelona was not.
They have not shown the slightest indication, I have checked them constantly, particularly as they have been manic the last week (an indication in itself) but Lona has not been at all swollen, I have been rolling Cariad over and tickling her tummy and her bits haven't been swollen either (you can't tell otherwise because of the hair). Lona is slightly more swollen today, but they went to dog training last night and there was no real massive interest.
Bit of blood on the yard when I cleaned up this afternoon, but you really wouldn't know unless you had seen the sheet!!! Just waiting for Cariad now
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2007, 06:02 PM
Oh welcome to womanhood sweetie pie. Bless her xx
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2007, 07:57 PM
oh bless my little girl roo became a lady 2 weeks ago now bless her, its good that she is not having any nasty signs like mood swings. welcome to the adult world little girl
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2007, 09:46 PM
Cariad shouldn't be long as bitches tend to bring each other in.
Some dogs will take an interest but a good stud dog will only show an interest when the bitch is ready for serving.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2007, 09:49 PM
Congratulations Lona on becoming a big girl

If the norties are anything like Luca when Storm was in season, you've got some fun ahead of you
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-03-2007, 10:39 PM
I thought Maelona would be first in to be honest as she is the more dominant of the 2. At first Cariad was the boss, but they have jockeyed for position over the year, and it has changed several times, however for the past few months it seems to be Lona who is in charge. She is first in line for food, putting her lead on, taking it off etc. I have let them create their own pack dynamics where this is concerned.
No more dog training for a while anyway, I can just imagine the havoc that would be created if I brought them in full season!
Am thinking of asking Phil the trainer to come and do a one to one with me, it is 10 quid, but training class for 2 is a fiver anyway, so if I ask him for the week after just to keep their brains working as it were, it will work out the same.
I train every other day usually anyway, but group sessions really help with their concentration.
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2007, 05:52 AM
Congratulations Lona... welcome to the club!

I found Freya wasn`t as swollen at the beginning... as my little dog was (that was the first think i noticed with her) with Freya it was the bleeding.

Good luck keeping her away from the boys... Freya is hell bent on getting some action... LOL
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2007, 08:21 AM
Awwww congratulations!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-03-2007, 08:49 AM
I am lucky enough to be able to choose what time I take them out, so will be avoiding 'doggy' rush hour for the next few weeks. I know I will meet a few, but these will be people I already know (on the main anyway) so it won't be as bad!
No arguments between the 2 of them yet, apart from the normal spats they have anyway.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2007, 08:56 AM
Congratulations Lona.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >