View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2011, 11:17 AM
I can only echo what has already been said. I would definitely take your dog for a vet check, especially to check for any signs of dementia and to check his vision and hearing.

The other thing I would have recommended, would be that your hubby start feeding the dog, giving him treats, walks etc. Make your hubby more attractive to your dog

Good luck - it would be devastating for a 14 and a half year old dog to end up back in rescue
rottyneo
New Member!
Female 

20-04-2011, 12:54 PM
my husband is very passive he is outnumbered by women rarely raises his voice and when we do row the dog will leave the room. If my husband hugs one of my daughters the dog barks at him If my daughters sit next to him on the sofa to watch tv the dog sits by his feet watching my daughters all the time if my daughters move he rushes to herd then out of the room. The dog never barks at me or the children. He only barks when the hairdryer goes on, (it has a high pitched squeal) and if you chink plates when washing up.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2011, 01:08 PM
I`m sure your OH is lovely - but if the dog has bad memories of a scary man who just happens to look like him, it takes a lot for the dog to `unlearn` what he knows. It takes a long time for lessons once learned to be unlearned and replaced, sadly.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2