Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2020, 07:57 AM

Daily Chat Sunday 6th September

Good morning everyone

Hope you enjoyed the bbq Lynn at least the weather held for you

Lovely flat Chris hope you manage to sell it quickly.

Dull this morning and a little bit chilly but Teazle walked and now back to bed for her. Had a lovely walk along the sea front at Eastbourne/Sovereign Harbour yesterday with eldest son Paul. It was really warm and there were quite a lot of people about but were able to social distance.
Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2020, 09:08 AM
Good Morning all

Been out and about since before 6 and washing on the line at 6am dead I know this as my neighbour coming home from work finishing at 5am said Good Lord it only 6 and washing on the line already.

Lovely day here. Work later and car MOT tomorrow.

Have a great day all.

Chris that flat is lovely, sure it will fly. How are the jigsaws going?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-09-2020, 09:19 AM
Morning Sue, Kazz and all to follow.
Lovely morning here again today. Drove about ten minutes to a lovely walk just the other side of March, beautiful Church very famous in March St. Wendreda's through the public footpath into some stunning quiet footpaths.
Had a lovely time thank you lovely to catch up with people. Didn't get raided either so a plus.

Chris flat is lovely fingers crossed for a quick sale.
Kazz busy bee today.

Hope everyone today is well and all four legged friends to.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2020, 11:02 AM
Good morning/afternoon all.

Decent weather here, but autumnal rather than summer weather.

The flat is lovely. Really easy maintenance too as all the walls are plastered and the skirtings are white plastic. I think it's over priced, but shhhh, don't tell anyone .

The town has quietened off a lot now compared to the last few weeks so we've had a nice walk this morning. There is a vintage fair at the side of the lake where we walk and it really is lovely and brings back memories of when I was a kid. Fairs were so much more pleasing to look at in those days with all the fancy artwork
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2020, 04:00 PM
Hiede high. I'm on the conker hunt. Remember they keep spiders at bay. been a nice day here weather wise. Still reading hp. Last book.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2020, 05:22 PM
Loads on the trees here just now Brenda and they are only just starting to fall. Alas, I've never found them very effective at keeping the spiders at bay
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-09-2020, 05:39 PM
Hello all

Very quiet day here, not much to report, except Bruno barking a lot around 2:30 in the morning

Turned out it was two men talking in the driveway of house opposite, not raising their voices, but enough for Bruno to let us know I imagine one of them was leaving as I heard a car start up, would have preffered if he had just got in the car and driven off but he didn't

I worry a bit what my two neighbours might say but Bruno only barks at living creatures so he's a good guard dog, it's not his fault he can't tell the difference between two men talking (over the road) and a prowler looking for an open window to break in.

See you all tomorrow
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-09-2020, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I've never found them very effective at keeping the spiders at bay

But they make very effective games for kids, my memories of childhood include many games of 'conkers' with brother and other school kids.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2020, 09:49 PM
Definitely. We used to play all the time and got many a rapped knuckle. Of course, kids aren't allowed conkers these days in school playgrounds
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-09-2020, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Of course, kids aren't allowed conkers these days in school playgrounds

Chris - I assume you are joking ?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >