Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2020, 09:24 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, 17th December, 2020

Good morning all. I hope you are all ok. I am fed up with all the rain as Amber has made part of my lawns a quagmire and she fetches the mud in. I did ask Steve to put the fence back on the patio so she can keep to that so it is easier to clean up after her and no mud.

Have a good day both you and your four legged friends and take it easy and please above all things, stay safe and well.
God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2020, 10:57 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Sorry to hear about your health worry Harvey and hope you will soon be on the mend. Take care.

Sunshine and showers today. Teazle walked without getting wet, card delivered to friend and a quick chat in her garden and some shopping done to save me on Monday as then it will be my big monthly shop.

Hope all are well
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2020, 10:59 AM
Morning
Moyra, you should see it he state of my lawns and carpets!! We were having a new carpet before Christmas but we have put it off because it would be wrecked....part and parcel of me having my dogs
Rung Steve am I going to town? Why? I just need a few things...o.k, wrapping paper ( how the hell am I supposed to carry that?? ) Polish...I can do that one easy and then he wants me to go to game to get a new game for him.....luckily all being well I can get them all from the one bit of town as I can't be bothered with walking lol
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2020, 11:33 AM
Good morning all

We have a lovely morning here. Very sunny and very little breeze. Still cold, but we even managed a sit down at the lake. Things always seem better when the sun shines.

Don't overdo it Kelly. The paper and polish he can get at a shop local to him and I'm pretty sure the game can wait
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2020, 01:28 PM
Well. I have put the fence back to block off the lawn areas so she is confined to the patio. She often lays out on the patio anyway but at least I can clean up after her more easily. I have now half done the lounge got the carpet cleaned up and I have some new carpet on the way to place over the area inside the door to keep it tidy where the old carpet has worn away. I have been here 24 years and this old carpet was down from when the flats were built in the 80s. Oh well she never ever reimbursed me for the 14 hundred quid I spent on decorating the place. That was five years ago and it really needs doing again now. It will have to wait. I had hoped we would be out of here by now.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2020, 05:04 PM
Evening all

Work this morning, then been out with Gert between 12.30 and 4pm, fantastic walk and a tired dog on the walk I caught up with my cousin in Dorset nice chin wag. Home now rinsed the dog off warmed up myself and having homemade chips with ham. Then a shower. Sky+'d The Bishops wife today and pleased to say it is the David Niven Cary Grant version (not sure if there is another but after Ghostbusters I am dubious now.

That will be a nice Christmas watch I love that film. But have to say my all time favourite Christmas film is one I would not expect of myself but it is. "The Polar Express" so what is your favourite Christmas film?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2020, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Sorry to hear about your health worry Harvey and hope you will soon be on the mend. Take care.

Sunshine and showers today. Teazle walked without getting wet, card delivered to friend and a quick chat in her garden and some shopping done to save me on Monday as then it will be my big monthly shop.

Hope all are well
I am glad you got the walk without getting wet I managed it today to although my feet are damp and dog muddy. Glad you got the card sorted too. Did your lad have a word with the estate agent over the state of his carpets?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2020, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Morning
Moyra, you should see it he state of my lawns and carpets!! We were having a new carpet before Christmas but we have put it off because it would be wrecked....part and parcel of me having my dogs
Rung Steve am I going to town? Why? I just need a few things...o.k, wrapping paper ( how the hell am I supposed to carry that?? ) Polish...I can do that one easy and then he wants me to go to game to get a new game for him.....luckily all being well I can get them all from the one bit of town as I can't be bothered with walking lol
Ahh Griff what it is to be needed
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2020, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Good morning all

We have a lovely morning here. Very sunny and very little breeze. Still cold, but we even managed a sit down at the lake. Things always seem better when the sun shines.

Don't overdo it Kelly. The paper and polish he can get at a shop local to him and I'm pretty sure the game can wait

Sunshine and lake in a sentence almost made me drop into holiday mode - careful Chris.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2020, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Well. I have put the fence back to block off the lawn areas so she is confined to the patio. She often lays out on the patio anyway but at least I can clean up after her more easily. I have now half done the lounge got the carpet cleaned up and I have some new carpet on the way to place over the area inside the door to keep it tidy where the old carpet has worn away. I have been here 24 years and this old carpet was down from when the flats were built in the 80s. Oh well she never ever reimbursed me for the 14 hundred quid I spent on decorating the place. That was five years ago and it really needs doing again now. It will have to wait. I had hoped we would be out of here by now.

Well done on the fence Moyra; Steve was obviously on the ball....DIY wise. If you are really intending to move I would not decorate just wait and do it to the new place although days that it will be needed with rental properties these days.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >