Female 

15-04-2011, 10:11 PM

The Only Way is Essex

Anyone else watch the above? Xxx
Harry21
Dogsey Junior
Male 

15-04-2011, 11:41 PM
I've seen a little of it but I'm not really into it tbh. It just makes me want to not ever visit essex lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-04-2011, 06:12 AM
No can't stand it. Makes people from Essex sound like they all speak that way which is in fact Essex/ East London accent, not real Essex at all and that we particualrly the girls all wear white stilettos and dance round our hand bags.

I know its all fun and only a programme but it does get under my skin I will admit. I do get a bit fed up of the way Essex lads and ladies are portrayed.

The majority of us aren't like that honest.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2011, 07:47 AM
No - shutup!! (as Harry would say )
I have to admit I am a big fan, simply because it is so bad that it is good.
Every time I sky + it though it seems to miss the end so I have to watch it whilst it's on much to my hub's dismay.
It does say that some of it is acting for the viewers entertainment & the acting is soo bad I find it hilarious.
I just love Harry - how camp can you get & Mr Darcy the pet pig ......... oh & Joey Essex, how bad is he! oh & Lydia's mum...... and Nanny Pat! I love them all except Mark & Lauren, but I love watching them too!!

Lynn I don't imagine for a minute that people from Essex are like that, it's just fun to watch - I'm from Liverpool & I don't wear a shell suit, have a tache & I'm not gonna rob your handbag!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-04-2011, 08:06 AM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
Every time I sky + it though it seems to miss the end so I have to watch it whilst it's on much to my hub's dismay.
It does say that some of it is acting for the viewers entertainment & the acting is soo bad I find it hilarious.
I just love Harry - how camp can you get & Mr Darcy the pet pig ......... oh & Joey Essex, how bad is he! oh & Lydia's mum...... and Nanny Pat! I love them all except Mark & Lauren, but I love watching them too!!

Lynn I don't imagine for a minute that people from Essex are like that, it's just fun to watch - I'm from Liverpool & I don't wear a shell suit, have a tache & I'm not gonna rob your handbag!
Ha ha I know. Amazingly though in some of the new towns and until I moved into one nearly 14 years ago I wouldn't of believed that people like that do exist. Not many but there are some. Same as in all walks of life.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2011, 09:03 AM
sigh
no.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-04-2011, 09:07 AM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post

you mean you dont own a shell suit
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-04-2011, 09:16 AM
I have to confess that I do watch it and I live in Essex and know all of their haunts it cracks me up to think people around the country might well think everyone in Essex is just like them. Sorry Lynn but I do see the funny side of it maybe cos I is a souf londoner meself innit
I really like Essex it's a very under rated county and I hope it stays that way.
This weeks trip to the tip had me and my son in stitches "what a knob"
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2011, 09:36 AM
Although not from Essex, I have lived in Essex for a few years!

Unfortunately I live down the road from the chavvy part of town, and from what I have seen from "The only way is Essex" is quite true for this part of where I am!! Especially when your down the road from Uni's too

Does provide a good giggle when I can catch it on tv though!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2011, 09:50 AM
I love it and can't get enough of it, I watch it once, then watch it again on the +1 channel, then watch the re-runs during the week.

I am an Essex girl born and bred, I was born and raised in Brentwood, which is where most of it is focused, and all my family still live there. However, the reason I watch it is that it is so far removed from normal life, the way I know it anyway, that I just have to see what is going on. I cringe at some of the things they get up to and wonder why on earth they would want such things shown on tv? I can only assume it is the faint chance of reaching some sort of stardom that makes them do it, let's face it, the girls are all plastic, I don't think there is one of them that doesn't have false nails, false teeth, false boobs, fake tan, false lashes, hair extensions....and don't get me started on the boys

Clive hates it and can't stand to watch it with me...but if I miss it I fear I will be missing out on some gossip or something really, really cringingly funny
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »