Our sister sites
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2006, 01:20 PM

I am so annoyed

hi everyone,
I just need a rant!

I have just got back from doing my weekly shop to find my house looking like I have been ransacked! For a moment I thought I had been the victim of a break in, but I soon came to realise I have been the victim of a Sibe. I don't understand it she is rarely left alone I know but she hasn't done anything like this for months, I leave the backdoor open so she can come in and out and she has always been content with this. Until today when I return after being gone less than two hours to find I now only own one set of intact underwear (the set I have on), Luckly since she has chewed shoes before I always keep them in their boxes and so she has only managed to destroy two pairs, she has eaten every toilet roll, the toothpaste and toothbrushes, chewed every single bottle of shampoo and what not.

I dont even know how she managed to open cupboards and drawers!

As soon as I saw her guilty face I knew and was hard pushed just to ignore her and walk away. Theres no point in shouting she just doesn't understand and I honestly thought she had stopped doing it.

Well thanks for reading, I am gonna have to do something about the mess!
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2006, 01:23 PM
Never mind Donna - when she's old and grey you will be laughing about this - or like me saying "and she was never any bother!".
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2006, 01:26 PM
You are right, the worst of it is she looks so innocent even I am hard pushed to believe she did any of it I will just tell everyone my 20 month old nephew came round, that is much more believable!
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2006, 01:35 PM
When my now gone Vizzies, Kes and Tern, were pups they completely trashed my place - I though I had been burgled, what was worse was the fact I had brought some friends home to see my wonderful puppies. There were teabags(catering pack of 1000), large box of soap powder, box of ready brek, sack of potatoes and my clean washing all over the floor. They had pee'd on it and one of them was stood on the kitchen table when I walked in the door with my friends. You have probably got off lightly!!! And I still say, "they were never a bit of bother!" My memory must be bad!!!

Oh yes and another time they chewed right through the kitchen wall and gave themselves the run of the house!!!! What a mess I came in to that day!!! I forgot about all this - who would have a puppy???
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2006, 01:43 PM
Zuki chewed through a wall once too! At least I'm not alone I have got off pretty lightly compared to the old times and it just gives me an excuse to shopping for some new shoes and undies I think the thing I found fustrating was the fact I had given her her fav chew (pigs ear) before going out and it was intact on our return. It was almost like she had waited for us to leave Well I think I might put a hold on that new puppy search, dont want zuki teaching it any bad habits Thanks for responding it is nice to know that zuki isn't the only occassional naughty pup
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2006, 03:44 PM
My collie Moss was a real little s*d for chewing things when he was a puppy and I went out. I would leave him treat balls, stuffed kongs and hide his fav toys around the house and he also had Flame, my GSD, for company. I still came home on 3 out of 5 occasions to something chewed or trashed. It can be really frustrating and upsetting, but they do grow out of it. Moss is now 15 months old and hasn't chewed or destroyed anything in the last 5 or so months, so I am hoping that is an end to it.

Just wanted to say, I can sympathise!
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2006, 03:56 PM
Aw, get it written down somewhere as you can look back on it when dog lots older and calmer and have a laugh, or even say, dont believe it did that!!! I know it looks bad when you first see it and you dont know where to start but remember, you are not alone, and to share it with others here helps xxx
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2006, 04:46 PM
are u insured?? if so u might be able to claim on the insurance,
we had a gsd who trashed our house in1/2 an hour, we had a lovely footstool with those polyctvrene beads in it, millions of them was finding them for months, she ate the cat flat and the door surrounding it she ate my oh only motor bike trophy, he was so upset about that.
if i was u i would totally ignore your dog, she will realise she dones some thing wrong, thats how i punish ben i ignore him, he goes into his bed for a sulk.
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2006, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli
My collie Moss was a real little s*d for chewing things when he was a puppy and I went out. I would leave him treat balls, stuffed kongs and hide his fav toys around the house and he also had Flame, my GSD, for company. I still came home on 3 out of 5 occasions to something chewed or trashed. It can be really frustrating and upsetting, but they do grow out of it. Moss is now 15 months old and hasn't chewed or destroyed anything in the last 5 or so months, so I am hoping that is an end to it.

Just wanted to say, I can sympathise!
Zuki is 16 months and hasn't chewed anything (until today) for about 3 months, be careful it seems as though Moss may have led you into a false sense of security
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2006, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by bens mum
are u insured?? if so u might be able to claim on the insurance,
we had a gsd who trashed our house in1/2 an hour, we had a lovely footstool with those polyctvrene beads in it, millions of them was finding them for months, she ate the cat flat and the door surrounding it she ate my oh only motor bike trophy, he was so upset about that.
if i was u i would totally ignore your dog, she will realise she dones some thing wrong, thats how i punish ben i ignore him, he goes into his bed for a sulk.
Ignore her I do, but why do they always have that way of catching your eye with big soppy sorry looking eyes? Zuki has me feeling guilty after ten minutes although I still manage to ignore her but usually by hiding in the bathroom and having a soak
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >