View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 05:58 PM
Lol, me too Jen!!! I think Marigolds are involved somewhere there????!!! The big question is though, has she got one of those "Brians" too????!!!

Now, I've had previous experience with Indesit with a washing machine and a big bust up with Comet's and I vowed from that day on, no Indiset would ever grace my kitchen ever again, and that still stands!!

I used to have Hotpoints, but after 1yr. 1 week every single one blew up due to the motor breaking, and the cost of fitting a new one just wasn't viable, so I always bought another one, and guess wot? Usually another Hotpoint! In those days though, there wasn't much else around and they were all £400 at the time. It's nice to see they're down to a more realistic price, and quite honestly I wouldn't pay £400 quid now, because of my past experience, although have to say this Diplomatic was just brilliant!

Thanks Roy, I'm going to take a look at that link now, and thanks Vicki, coz I was kind of steering towards a Bosch, but then again, the Whirlpool at Curry's fits the bill with the size. I can't believe the difference in sizes of all of them considering they've ALL got to fit under a worktop and inbetween cupboards, WHY, oh WHY, do they have to make them in such differing sizes then??? I can't fathom that one out Everyone's worktop is the same height because of the units underneath surely? Hey ho!

I got so fed up of searching last night what with this puter being so slow, I was just going to go into Curry's or Comets tomorrow and get one that fits off the shelf and Dave said he would fit it tomorrow night coz he feels for me with this washing up lark, and he's probably thinking he might get roped into it at some point too!!!

Now where are me Marigolds........
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 06:03 PM
Avoid Hotpoint Aquarius not very happy with it, its only 3yrs old and srarted playing up, dont know anyone who likes them
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 06:09 PM
Zanussi appliances I had for years and years..until we moved then one by one they packed up. Apparently they do not like moving

The prices have fallen so much on household electricals, and many are made by the same manufacturer - so I have been told. I think it's luck of the draw tbh.
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 06:09 PM
Before buying a Bosch, check the inside of it and compare it to the inside of a Hotpoint....I used to work in purchasing for an electricl retailer and, at that time, Hotpoint were making dishwashers for Bosch and the way to tell was that their interior furnishings were the same. That was a few years ago though so things might have changed by now. Like you, I wouldn't touch Hotpoint (or Indesit) with a bargepole so be careful not to end up with one inadvertently
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 06:13 PM
That's a brilliant site for them Roy!!!

Hmm, it seems the Hotpoint is still quite suspect then from what you say?? That's what I always had, but I think I'll steer well cleer of those then.

I'm swayed towards one that fits the bill perfectly the Miele, but it's £685!!! That's horrendous! Also, I'm thinking the higher the price, the more technical it is, and the more likely it is to go wrong if it's high tech? That's my gut instinct. I just want something that washes the dishes, pretty simple really so why so high tech nowadays?? I'm the same with microwaves, I always go for those cheapie ones that have 2 dials, none of this press this, press that and you end up with a crispy bit of shrunk up leather awaiting you when you open the door! That way, you just press it for a couple of minutes and voila, food ready, or chuck it in again! Lol! I'm a simple girl so I like simple things, and anyway, the dishwasher is too big to chuck out the window if it stresses me out!

Thanks for that site Roy, it looks pretty good, have you ordered from them before or can I look up somewhere to see if they're ok to deal with? I usually use Deals4U but they haven't got anything suitable, or Hotdeals.com.
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

22-06-2008, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Thanks for that site Roy, it looks pretty good, have you ordered from them before or can I look up somewhere to see if they're ok to deal with? I usually use Deals4U but they haven't got anything suitable, or Hotdeals.com.
I haven't used them before, but at least you can get the model numbers of the ones you might want and compare prices elsewhere.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Now why didn't I think of that then Roy I know why!!!! Thanks again, much appreciated, I'll go and do that now then!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-06-2008, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
If you have one that you're pleased with, that's never gone wrong, never refused to wash up for you, then can you please post up the name of it here! Thanks!
Yes - Bosch

Bought it in 1998 paid extra for a 5 year warranty with the promise of a full refund if no claims, in 2003 claimed the insurance premium back ('cos we hadn't claimed) and it's been performing flawlessly ever since

P.S. forgot to mention it's been transported from Suffolk to Manchester and back to Suffolk and then 750 miles by road to Czechland as well !!
zoby
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-06-2008, 09:37 PM
my first dishwasher was a Bosch. Fabulous never gave even a hint of trouble.

when we moved house we left the appliances and bought silver appliances for our new kitchen (which Bosch didnt do!) so we bought a top of the line Zanussi.

BIG MISTAKE!!

within weeks it started giving trouble - the engineer that came to fix it got very excited - reeling off how it had this space age computer programme to run it and how it was the future of dishwashers etc etc etc. that dam dishwasher has been nothing but trouble - it has been rebuilt and replaced and it still decides some days that it needs a day off!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2008, 08:19 AM
Thanks H, it seems the Bosch might be the wtg then, especially as it also travels well!

Thanks for that tip Zoby, I'll be steering clear of Zanussi, Indiset, and Hotpoint now then! At least I'm eliminating them which should make my life easier! Just like I said then, the higher the technology, the more likely it is to play you up!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >