Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2008, 07:00 PM

A very relaxed vet visit!

We popped into the vets today to say hi as we were passing. We waited quite a while in reception as the vet was in a consult but Takara was very relaxed and even stayed calm and QUIET! when the little dog came out of the consult room (a little schipperke - very sweet too).

It was amazing to see Takara, although alert, very relaxed! She got a little bit uptight when we went into the consult room (which wasn't really necessary but glad we did as it happens) but relaxed again when the vet started feeding her treats!

Back in reception she actually laid down and then rolled onto her side and became completely relaxed!

Very impressed with her
Irish Setter Mu
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-07-2008, 07:36 PM
Surprisingly my 3 boys love the vets. I took them to the vets on a regular basis just to get weighed and say hello to the girls in the vets! The only downside is that everytime I walk along the high street I am physically dragged towards the vets, even if it is shut
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2008, 08:24 PM
LOL

Well Takara's had some bad experiences with our previous vets (hence they are previous!) and has always been nervous of going in. Since our new vets opened (last August) we pop in on a regular basis and she's always been very nervous about it and only recently started to become more comfortable with it. She would settle but never actually relaxed, but it appears to be paying off now!