Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2006, 12:39 AM

Rescue Ratties

These rescues came into us today - 12 alltogether, 6 girls and 6 boys. all are now looking for homes (subject to strict approval - feel free to contact me for an application form if you fancy homing some ratties!).

These are the boys Tried to do the girls, but they're a little nervous after their hard day - the boys were far more relaxed about it all! Hopefully I'll get the girls at some point.

We decided on an Irish theme for their names while they're here - hope you like! All are silver fawn berkshires in some form I believe, though having pale bellies anyway, it's hard to see the white on them without good natural light they are very pretty and striking though!

Achill:

Dun Laoghaire (pronounced Dun Leery):

Knockgraffon:

Mullingar:

Owenahincha:

Portlaoise (pronounced Portleesh):

Hope you like them!

xx
lizdll
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2006, 12:52 AM
wow there all gorgeous but i do think theres something about knockgraffon great pics
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2006, 01:00 AM
They're all lovely Good luck finding homes for them all
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-12-2006, 09:02 AM
Wow! They are gorgeous ! Wish I didn't live so far away, would take some on in a second! Got my old empty rat cage just begging to be used
Animal
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-12-2006, 10:41 AM
They are lovely! They look just like Itchy one of my girls, and I'm sure they will make someone very happy.

Incidentally to anyone thinking of rehoming, it is recommended to get at least two in a large cage (make sure they are same sex of course!) as they are very sociable animals and whilst they love their human pets they enjoy having another ratty to play with as well.

(Oh, and don't go for one of those cages with wire bars on the floor of the cage as they can get a nasty disease called bumblefoot)

D'oh, I've rambled on again haven't I >.<
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2006, 10:45 AM
Lovely ratties Laura. Good luck rehoming them honey.
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2006, 10:45 AM
you have lol!

Firstly I don#t allow any rats to go in less than pairs anyway and secondly bumblefoot is not a disease, nor is it caused by wire flooring - though that is a myth often perpetuated so dibs to you for trying to warn people! Bumblefoot is a pressure sore on the base of the rat's feet, which is usually caused by obesity or infirmity. It's really not that common actually, and although takes a lot of work to treat is treatable with purple spray and propolis cream

If anyone is interested in offering a home to two boys or girls, please feel free to drop me a line - or check out the ratty page in my link in my profile!

xx

eta - we can also often organise rat trains if you live a good distance away we are in contact with most of the ratty people in the country

xx
Animal
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-12-2006, 10:49 AM
Aww I'm really glad to hear you don't home them in singles, they are so entertaining to watch when they are together as well

I was just going on what I have been advised in the past re the cages and bumblefoot, but you know your stuff obviously and hey I'm never too old to learn

Good luck with them, cute lil critters
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2006, 11:08 AM
lol - of course! Well done for giving out what amounts to pretty sound advice anyway! I don't keep my rats in cages with full wire floors, as it's much nicer for them to have soft floor as well as wire/full plastic. They usually have a mixture actually though it is said that the full plastic is likely to do more damage to the bumblefoot than the wire. I hate bumblefoot, nasty nasty things.

xx